Is this a good monitor for the PC I will be getting

yates21c

Prominent
Nov 6, 2017
The PC I am purchasing has the following specs: (not including everything)

CPU - i7 -7700 7th Gen
GPC - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 (3GB)
Hard Drive Capacity - 1000 gigabytes
Processor Speed (Base) - 3.6 gigahertz
System Memory (RAM) - 8 gigabytes

***I am getting this PC for WoW, I don't plan on streaming, multitasking, or really playing any other games.

My question - Will a 24 inch monitor with 60 hz refresh and AMD Freesync be good for playing WoW in Ultra settings?

My understanding is the refresh rate begins to matter more as the screen gets bigger and on something as small as 24-27 inches, the difference between 60 and 144 hz will go relatively unnoticed. Is this correct?

Thank you in advance for any help!

Solution
Honestly you should get the 7700k, there is no reason not to, it's easier to just OC a little than to get a new motherboard and CPU later on.

Secondly 24 inch? For your system and the eventuality that you actually will play something else, it's a bit small. I actually feel like I have a lot more space on my screen at higher resolution when playing WoW.

Refresh rate means nothing if you can't reach those frames and the last expansion of WoW is pretty demanding, so you won't get 144 fps at Ultra. If you really want to, get a 24 inch 60 Hz monitor (forget the Freesync or Gsync). If you wanna have more room on your interface, you could consider a 1440p monitor at a higher size, also 60Hz. Resolution matters more with screen size. If you...

Cioby

Distinguished
Honestly you should get the 7700k, there is no reason not to, it's easier to just OC a little than to get a new motherboard and CPU later on.

Secondly 24 inch? For your system and the eventuality that you actually will play something else, it's a bit small. I actually feel like I have a lot more space on my screen at higher resolution when playing WoW.

Refresh rate means nothing if you can't reach those frames and the last expansion of WoW is pretty demanding, so you won't get 144 fps at Ultra. If you really want to, get a 24 inch 60 Hz monitor (forget the Freesync or Gsync). If you wanna have more room on your interface, you could consider a 1440p monitor at a higher size, also 60Hz. Resolution matters more with screen size. If you are getting a 24 inch 1440p monitor you won't see any improvement, less fps and a smaller interface, so make sure it's at least 27 inch at 1440p

Solution