[SOLVED] Is this a good motherboard for this CPU?

Solution
Thanks for letting me know, Yes the cpu has 12 cores ...

5950X has 16 cores, just as the 3950X. 5900X will have 12, as does 3900X.

I'm certain it will keep as many cores in a deep sleep state as possible, putting them to sleep up to 100 times a second, to reduce power useage. It will also favor it's best cores whenever it can. Managing that process is part of the Ryzen power plan so be sure to install Ryzen chipset drivers to enable that.
Hi,
This is the motherboard I have in mind -
https://www.amazon.in/Gigabyte-PCIe...ywords=X570+motherboard&qid=1603891265&sr=8-4

This is the CPU I plan to buy - AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
I would also like to get 2 TB Nvme SSD

Can you please let me know if it's a good fit?
Will the motherboard support the CPU?
It will work with a 5950X....just be sure to get a BIOS update if you don't have a CPU to do it with.

But more to the point is whether the VRM is capable enough for it at long-term extreme all core workloads. It's 12 phases, quite beefy I'm sure works well enough with a 3950X (also 16 cores) but we don't know yet just how power hungry a 5950X is. Some of the tech press are saying 'Zen3 will be as efficient as Zen2' but what does that mean? I think it could mean it will draw on average 19% more power from an average 19% IPC uplift.

Upcoming reviews should have more info for us.

Pcgolfer07

Prominent
Jul 31, 2019
It will work with a 5950X....just be sure to get a BIOS update if you don't have a CPU to do it with.

But more to the point is whether the VRM is capable enough for it at long-term extreme all core workloads. It's 12 phases, quite beefy I'm sure works well enough with a 3950X (also 16 cores) but we don't know yet just how power hungry a 5950X is. Some of the tech press are saying 'Zen3 will be as efficient as Zen2' but what does that mean? I think it could mean it will draw on average 19% more power from an average 19% IPC uplift.

Upcoming reviews should have more info for us.
Thanks for letting me know, Yes the cpu has 12 cores but I don't think I will be making use of it all the time. I will be primarily using it for web browsing, the extra cores are just for when I use Video editing software. so I guess my doubt is that will the CPU be power hungry even while I'm doing simple and basic tasks?

Thanks for letting me know, Yes the cpu has 12 cores ...

5950X has 16 cores, just as the 3950X. 5900X will have 12, as does 3900X.

I'm certain it will keep as many cores in a deep sleep state as possible, putting them to sleep up to 100 times a second, to reduce power useage. It will also favor it's best cores whenever it can. Managing that process is part of the Ryzen power plan so be sure to install Ryzen chipset drivers to enable that.

Reactions: Pcgolfer07
Solution