[SOLVED] Is this a good NAS build?

PeppermintFangs

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2015
I'm trying to build my own NAS for video editing. I won't be working with 4k footage - 2k at the most. The NAS will primarily be for archive but I want to have the option to edit off of it, if needed. I'm fairly certain that this will do the job but my biggest concern is the "networking" part. I've never built a NAS so I'm not sure what is needed to connect it to my PC. Let me know if you have any insights.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3Pg3L2

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3200G 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 AORUS M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($94.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory ($68.98 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 4 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive ($90.98 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 4 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive ($90.98 @ Amazon)
Case: Rosewill SCM-01 MicroATX Mini Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA BQ 500 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($63.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $560.90

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
Erin Joan

Solution
Not sure why you do ask this here on the storage forum ?
if you are uncertain about HDD's I would personally not recommend those SMR drives for video editing whatsoever.
the most important part for a NAS is the ethernet card to quickly transfer all your data

dreamteam

Reputable
Jul 29, 2020
Not sure why you do ask this here on the storage forum ?
if you are uncertain about HDD's I would personally not recommend those SMR drives for video editing whatsoever.
the most important part for a NAS is the ethernet card to quickly transfer all your data

Reactions: mundial
Solution