Is this a good OC for a MSI 1080 Gaming X?

Solution
Yeah that's fine. You can turn core voltage to 100% it doesn't actually change the voltage as pascel is voltage locked. From my understanding it provides a more stable voltage when the gpu clocks down, for example in the witcher 3 when you enter your inventory the framerate sky rockets and gpu usage and voltage drops this tends to crash overclocked systems in that game but when voltage is set 100% the voltage does not drop when you enter the menus which keeps it more stable.

You could probably go a bit higher on the core most 1080s start to get unstable around 2075-2100mhz. Might be able to go higher on the memory as well, though I am not too familiar with 1080 memory overclocking.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah that's fine. You can turn core voltage to 100% it doesn't actually change the voltage as pascel is voltage locked. From my understanding it provides a more stable voltage when the gpu clocks down, for example in the witcher 3 when you enter your inventory the framerate sky rockets and gpu usage and voltage drops this tends to crash overclocked systems in that game but when voltage is set 100% the voltage does not drop when you enter the menus which keeps it more stable.

You could probably go a bit higher on the core most 1080s start to get unstable around 2075-2100mhz. Might be able to go higher on the memory as well, though I am not too familiar with 1080 memory overclocking.

Solution

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I haven't found much room on the 1080 memory, at least not that is 100% stable. What I think I see from most people is the maximum they reached that could handle some benchmarking and gameplay.

I think I settled around 10388 or something like that.