[SOLVED] Is this a good overclock or could i go higher

Mar 28, 2020
I am new to overclocking and I overclocked my Asus rog rtx 2060 oc edition. My system crashed loads of times in the process but I finally got it stable. Is this a good overclock.

All the numbers are from afterburner

Core voltage 100
Powerlimit 125
Temp limit 87
Core Clock 125
memory clock 750

It runs at 63c
and the boost clock around 2100
memory clock 7750

Is this a good overclock or do you guys think that I could get higher core clock or memory clock?

Solution
I would disable core voltage and never use it, it's quite useless on Turing as it doesn't increase voltage at all. It only increases what's called a "voltage limit", which doesn't increase voltage beyond spec, you are already hitting max voltage basically. It just allows that higher stock voltage to be maintained at high temperatures.

With how low your temps are, leave core voltage at 0 and don't use it.

Everything else looks good. If everything is stable, and if you want REALLY good reliability in all applications, I would recommend the following:

1. Stress test in Unigine Superposition and Unigine Valley, each one for at least 30 minutes.
  2. If successful, drop core frequency offset by 20mhz. To insure stability of...
I would disable core voltage and never use it, it's quite useless on Turing as it doesn't increase voltage at all. It only increases what's called a "voltage limit", which doesn't increase voltage beyond spec, you are already hitting max voltage basically. It just allows that higher stock voltage to be maintained at high temperatures.

With how low your temps are, leave core voltage at 0 and don't use it.

Everything else looks good. If everything is stable, and if you want REALLY good reliability in all applications, I would recommend the following:

1. Stress test in Unigine Superposition and Unigine Valley, each one for at least 30 minutes.
  2. If successful, drop core frequency offset by 20mhz. To insure stability of GPU Boost. (Jayz2cents recommends this too.)
  3. Because vram is impossible to insure stability with (graphics card manufacturer's have said so which is why you NEVER see factory overclocks on vram), go as HIGH as you can on your vram overclock before you see artifacts or crash, then cut that memory offset by 50%. (even 50% i'm not sure is going to be stable, but in gaming applications it should work fine. It's just in professional applications i'm not so sure about.)

That is a good overclock, but most of it is thanks to your really good GPU cooler, if you can maintain under 65C you can hit those really high GPU clocks.

Reactions: Bramiolesti0
Solution