Is this a good part list for my first gaming and editing PC (also for Autodesk programs) for $1200 - $1300

Dirk96

Reputable
Jul 15, 2016
Approximate Purchase Date:
This month.

Budget Range:
$1200 - $1300 (€1100,- - €1200,-) After Rebates and After Shipping.

System Usage from Most to Least Important:
Gaming, Using the programms from AutoDesk (for example AutoCad), video editing, watching video's/movies and surfing the internet.

Are you buying a monitor:
No.

Parts to Upgrade:
Nothing to upgrade it will be a complete new build.

Do you need to buy OS:
Yes.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts:
4Launch and Alternate.

Parts Preferences:
Intel CPU, MSI GPU (because of the red theme).

Overclocking:
Not straight away, but definitely in the futher. So I want to keep that in mind for the parts im buying now.

SLI or Crossfire:
Not straight away, but definitely a SLI in the futher. So I want to keep that in mind for the parts im buying now.

Your Monitor Resolution:
1920x108 in the futher probably 2 or 1 with a higher resolution.

Additional Comments:
I really like the Corsair Midi Tower Carbide Spec-Alpha ATX, Window (black-red), so that will be the case im going to use for my build. I also want a black and red themed pc, because I really like that color combination.

Specific software/games list:
Software: AutoCAD, Revit 3D, Civil 3D, Navisworks, Sony Vegas Pro, After Effects, Photoshop
Games: Battlefield 4, Battlefield 1 (in the futher), GTA 5, Call of Duty, Farcry, Just Cause, The witcher 3, Skyrim, Need for Speed

Why am I going to build a custom PC:
First of all I really like the concept of building your own custom PC and I wanted to do this for a very long time. Besides that I have allways been a console gamer, but I also want to experience the PC gaming world. At the moment I do have a desktop in my room, but its nothing fancy (last week something happened too and since then im not getting anything on my monitor, my monitor will just shut down because it doesn't register a signal from any port) so I render video's allways on my laptop which is pretty good, but not better then a good custom build PC. So I want to up to scale and make better video's and produce them faster. Besides that I really want a good PC for at home, so I won't have to work on my laptop. At the moment when I use AutoDesk programms my laptop can process the big documents but it can go faster, because sometimes it just takes a while for something to load up. So to have a good PC at home to work on these big documents without a problem would be really awesome.

The list of parts that I was thinking about:

CPU: Intel Skylake Core i7 6700K 4.00GHz 8MB Box
[strike]CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Processor Cooler Hyper TX3i Intel[/strike]
Motherboard: MSI ATX Motherboard Z170A Gaming M5
RAM: Corsair 2x8GB, DDR4, 3000MHz, CL15, Vengeance LPX (red)
GPU: MSI Graphics Card GeForce GTX 970 Gaming 4GB
Case: Corsair Midi Tower Carbide Spec-Alpha ATX, Window (black-red)
Power Supply: Corsair Power Supply RM650x 650W, Modulair
HDD: Western Digital Harddisk 3.5" Blue WD10EZEX 1TB
SSD: Samsung SSD 750 EVO 2.5", 250GB

Updated part list:

CPU Cooler: Cryorig H7

Solution
You are going to need a good graphics card to game and render images in those programs. I would recommend a graphics card with at least 2 GB of ram on it with at least 1-2 GHz processing chip on it.

Looking at your parts list, you should be pretty set. However, be sure that everything will work together. Go to PC Park Picker and put all of these parts in. It will tell you if any of the parts won't work with a different one. (pcpartpicker.com)

Overall your build looks good! You shouldn't have any issues as long as all the parts can connect with one another.

mikejahnke101

Commendable
May 15, 2016
You are going to need a good graphics card to game and render images in those programs. I would recommend a graphics card with at least 2 GB of ram on it with at least 1-2 GHz processing chip on it.

Looking at your parts list, you should be pretty set. However, be sure that everything will work together. Go to PC Park Picker and put all of these parts in. It will tell you if any of the parts won't work with a different one. (pcpartpicker.com)

Overall your build looks good! You shouldn't have any issues as long as all the parts can connect with one another.

Solution
Looks like an overall solid build. I'd advise against going for the TX3 now. If you're planning on overclocking in the future, just use the stock cooler for now, and save up a little so you can buy a better quality cooler when you decide it's time.

Dirk96

Reputable
Jul 15, 2016

Thx for the info and the tips. I allready found that site and used it to see if it all fits together and there are no issues.

Dirk96

Reputable
Jul 15, 2016

Thx for the info and the tip. I was allready searching for another CPU Cooler, because of the bad reviews on this one. I found the cryorig H7 and that one is a pretty good cooler according to the reviews. They even say its comparable with the evo 212 which is apparently a great cooler. The evo 212 doesn't fit in my case unfortunately, but the cryorig H7 does. Unfortunately the cryorig is hard to get here in The Netherlands, so I have to find a solution for this.

One other thing is that intel doesn't include stock coolers anymore, since the skylake editions.

Edit:
I found out that Alternate sells the Cryorig H7.

mikejahnke101

Commendable
May 15, 2016

Awesome! Glad I could help.

Happy building! :)