Question Is this a good PC build for what i want to do?

turtletarget111

Honorable
Dec 24, 2018
It's a good start, but there are several changes you might want to consider for your new system.

I would consider swapping your memory. The Corsair Vengeance 32 Gigabyte kit is a tad more expensive than your G.SKill kit, but it has tighter timings, which is important for Ryzen systems, especially to maximize performance.

Samsung SSD's are consistently the fastest ad most reliable on the market. If you have the extra cash, would forgo the WD Black SSD for your Windows installation and grab a 990 Pro to ensure longevity. If you're on a tight budget, the WD will serve you well.

I understand Nvidia cards are far more popular, especially for streaming due to the NVENC encoder, but AMD's 7000 cards with support for the open source AV1 encoder performs close to NVENC nowadays. If you want to save some money, get more performance, or don't do heavy streaming, it may be worth considering an AMD GPU. As newer games release with larger textures and more expansive worlds, modern GPU's will require more video memory. As such, something like the Radeon 7900 GRE (which is cheaper and more powerful than the 4070 Super) may be a better choice with its larger video memory pool, as opposed to the RTX 4070 Super's 12 gigabytes.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2024
It's a good start, but there are several changes you might want to consider for your new system.

I would consider swapping your memory. The Corsair Vengeance 32 Gigabyte kit is a tad more expensive than your G.SKill kit, but it has tighter timings, which is important for Ryzen systems especially to maximize performance.

Samsung SSD's are consistently the fastest ad most reliable on the market. If you have the extra cash, would forgo the WD Black SSD for your Windows installation and grab a 990 Pro to ensure longevity. If you're on a tight budget, the WD will serve you well.

I understand Nvidia cards are far more popular, especially for streaming due to the NVENC encoder, but AMD's 7000 cards with support for the open source AV1 encoder performs close to NVENC nowadays. If you want to save some money, get more performance, or don't do heavy streaming, it may be worth considering an AMD GPU. As newer games release with larger textures and more expansive worlds, modern GPU's will require more video memory. As such, something like the Radeon 7900 GRE (which is cheaper and more powerful than the 4070 Super) may be a better choice with its larger video memory pool, as opposed to the RTX 4070 Super's 12 gigabytes.
Thank you!!

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Please describe your PC uses and any special requirements you may need.

For more info, see here: