Reputable
Feb 4, 2016
MOTHERBOARD : MSI Arsenal Gaming B450 Tomahawk Max
CPU : Ryzen 3 2200G
HDD : Seagate 1TB
RAM : Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 8gb
PSU : Corsair CXM Series 650W Modular - CX650M - 80+ Bronze - PSU GAMING
CASE : Corsair Carbide 275R

Im still saving money so , these are the build that i can buy currently. as you see , i choose the motherboard an psu a little overpriced, because i would like to upgrade the build later on while saving some money. Is this logical ? or should i buy some cheap mobo and gpu and save some money to buy a new part later on ?

Solution
Thank you for the reply,
I need a computer asap, but currently having no money to build a dream PC. Glad that this was the right path, as i've been confused o_O lately as my friend keep telling me that my build is so overpriced and i can get a better or same performance with cheaper mobo and psu.
In most cases you get what you pay for. If you were not planing to upgrade, I'd say that he is right, you can get cheaper MB and PSU with same performance but then you would have to buy everything new for any meaningful upgrade. That's going to be more expensive in long run.

sgsharkie

Reputable
Nov 14, 2019
It all depends what you're using it for.

For productivity tasks, this would be fine and the motherboard would allow you to upgrade to a 3rd-gen Ryzen CPU later if you want. I'd be inclined to get 2x8GB sticks of RAM to give you more scope in future.

Reactions: The Gale
MOTHERBOARD : MSI Arsenal Gaming B450 Tomahawk Max
CPU : Ryzen 3 2200G
HDD : Seagate 1TB
RAM : Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 8gb
PSU : Corsair CXM Series 650W Modular - CX650M - 80+ Bronze - PSU GAMING
CASE : Corsair Carbide 275R

Im still saving money so , these are the build that i can buy currently. as you see , i choose the motherboard an psu a little overpriced, because i would like to upgrade the build later on while saving some money. Is this logical ? or should i buy some cheap mobo and gpu and save some money to buy a new part later on ?
You are on the right path, MB and PSU are base for all builds, everything else is easy to add on at later date.

Reactions: The Gale

The Gale

Reputable
Feb 4, 2016
It all depends what you're using it for.

For productivity tasks, this would be fine and the motherboard would allow you to upgrade to a 3rd-gen Ryzen CPU later if you want. I'd be inclined to get 2x8GB sticks of RAM to give you more scope in future.

Yeah , that's what i have in mind. I didn't have enough money currently for that part. but later on i plan to upgrade it.

The Gale

Reputable
Feb 4, 2016
You are on the right path, MB and PSU are base for all builds, everything else is easy to add on at later date.

Thank you for the reply,
I need a computer asap, but currently having no money to build a dream PC. Glad that this was the right path, as i've been confused o_O lately as my friend keep telling me that my build is so overpriced and i can get a better or same performance with cheaper mobo and psu.

Thank you for the reply,
In most cases you get what you pay for. If you were not planing to upgrade, I'd say that he is right, you can get cheaper MB and PSU with same performance but then you would have to buy everything new for any meaningful upgrade. That's going to be more expensive in long run.

Solution