Build Advice Is this a good pc build?

May 30, 2020
https://photos.app.goo.gl/CLTGjQhw8h8f4aUU9 is it a good build? And I wonder should I have a faster ram and should I have a more i power supply because my GPU needs 550 and I want to be able to overclock both GPU and CPU at max overclock without any power issues. Just want to say that the HDD is one and not two even if it is on both pictures. If you can't see the pictures, reply and say that and I will try to fix it.

Last edited:

4745454b

Titan
The PSU is the issue and needs to go.

While this is the 600W unit and not the 700W like you picked out, from what I've read Enhance makes all of these PSUs so they should behave the same. JG has two issues with this PSU, though I'm mostly concerned with one of them. The cross load tests are bad. Horrible really. At a zero load on 3.3 and 5V rail and everything on the 12V rail, 5v and 12v go horribly out of spec. I normally wouldn't be so concerned about this as there is nearly always a load of some sort on the minor rails as drives and what not need them. But what is bad is that it took a load of 2A on the 5V rail to bring things back in spec. That's bad. You would probably need twice that to bring things back to normal, and I'd bet it's very possible to make a build where that isn't possible.

Then you have the scope shots. Not only are the voltage below where they should be, even in non CL conditions the 5V rail can have such a large ripple it's out of spec. In short this PSU is garbage and shouldn't be used. You need to find a PSU that stays in spec, and doesn't have such a high ripple. Your GPU doesn't need 550W all for itself. That's a system with a 2060 needs a 550W. But I wouldn't get the one you picked.

Otherwise things looked good. I'm not sure about that SSD, and the ram is fine. Sure there is faster but you aren't going to double your frame rates by moving from 3200MHz to 3600 or 4000MHz. It's standard stuff, but it will work fine. Just find a better PSU and double check that SSD.

May 30, 2020
The PSU is the issue and needs to go.

While this is the 600W unit and not the 700W like you picked out, from what I've read Enhance makes all of these PSUs so they should behave the same. JG has two issues with this PSU, though I'm mostly concerned with one of them. The cross load tests are bad. Horrible really. At a zero load on 3.3 and 5V rail and everything on the 12V rail, 5v and 12v go horribly out of spec. I normally wouldn't be so concerned about this as there is nearly always a load of some sort on the minor rails as drives and what not need them. But what is bad is that it took a load of 2A on the 5V rail to bring things back in spec. That's bad. You would probably need twice that to bring things back to normal, and I'd bet it's very possible to make a build where that isn't possible.

Then you have the scope shots. Not only are the voltage below where they should be, even in non CL conditions the 5V rail can have such a large ripple it's out of spec. In short this PSU is garbage and shouldn't be used. You need to find a PSU that stays in spec, and doesn't have such a high ripple. Your GPU doesn't need 550W all for itself. That's a system with a 2060 needs a 550W. But I wouldn't get the one you picked.

Otherwise things looked good. I'm not sure about that SSD, and the ram is fine. Sure there is faster but you aren't going to double your frame rates by moving from 3200MHz to 3600 or 4000MHz. It's standard stuff, but it will work fine. Just find a better PSU and double check that SSD.

Thank you so much, so is it just the brand on the PSU or the model that is wrong? So 550 watts is something I can go with and still be able to overclock the GPU at max? Or should I play safe and take a PSU that have a bit more than 550 watts? And what was the thing with the ram? I don't know so I would get really happy if you could tell, and I will be checking in to that. And also one thing more do you think this build is safe for the future and with that I mean in upgrade way do you think I will be able to upgrade this build when some parts get old? And also can I turn off so that my 8 core 16 thread CPU just runs on 8 cores 8 threads?

Last edited:
May 30, 2020
I wouldn't even consider running an APU system with that PSU. Let alone an overclocked comet lake and RTX 2060 S. It's not the wattage, it's the brand and model that is the problem.

At least get something like this:

https://www.komplett.se/product/113...ataggregat/nataggregat/corsair-rm650-650w-psu

So the only problem was the PSU, and I now have changed it to an Corsair TX650M 650W PSU is that gonna be good? And also what was wrong with the SSD? And also is it an good idea to download and do you own ISO USB stick from Microsoft website? Here's a link: https://www.microsoft.com/sv-se/software-download/windows10ISO

So the only problem was the PSU, and I now have changed it to an Corsair TX650M 650W PSU is that gonna be good? And also what was wrong with the SSD? And also is it an good idea to download and do you own ISO USB stick from Microsoft website? Here's a link: https://www.microsoft.com/sv-se/software-download/windows10ISO
It's pretty good. Good enough. The RM is better, though. I don't see any problems with the SSD to be frank.

Yes, it is perfectly good to download it from MS directly.

4745454b

Titan
It's that model for sure. There are some CM PSUs I'd run, but it wouldn't be any from that series. Switching to the TX is good, if you are OCing the CPU and GPU then the 650W is a good idea.

The USB stick is fine. That's how I put win10 on my PC. My PC doesn't have an optical drive in it so USB loading is the way to go. I'm not sure how good that SSD is. That's why I suggested looking at reviews to make sure it doesn't have issues.

May 30, 2020
It's pretty good. Good enough. The RM is better, though. I don't see any problems with the SSD to be frank.

Yes, it is perfectly good to download it from MS directly.

Thank you so much I feel much more reliefed now, and good then I don't need to put a window 10 stick on the list because that just increases the cost.

May 30, 2020
It's that model for sure. There are some CM PSUs I'd run, but it wouldn't be any from that series. Switching to the TX is good, if you are OCing the CPU and GPU then the 650W is a good idea.

The USB stick is fine. That's how I put win10 on my PC. My PC doesn't have an optical drive in it so USB loading is the way to go. I'm not sure how good that SSD is. That's why I suggested looking at reviews to make sure it doesn't have issues.

Yeah I feel like I need to settle down and you be happy with that PSU doe now when I actually found a good enough PSU, and okey that was what you meant I thought you where pointing at something obvious that I should have seen, but okey I will do that thank you so much for your help, I appreciate it so much wouldn't be able to do this build without the help you guy have given me! :)

May 30, 2020

Also I found a Corsair CX750M, 750W PSU that have the same price as the TX and is still semi modular and have 750 watts so is it better to take that or is this less good quality even if it is Corsair?

May 30, 2020
Yeah see that now, thought you chose the "K"version. Why this cpu btw? Why not the 10600K?

And no the TXM is a much better choice, wattage doesn't equal quality.

I chose this because I want an i7 core and not an i5 core, hade an i5 core in another computer a while a go and don't want that again, just me having some personal problems with i5 cores, even if they good for a low price I don't like them, was it you or another guy that said that it not would be necessary to overclock my GPU anyways, is it a big problem that I can't overclock it? And also I chose this because it has 16 threads and not 8 threads, because they almost are better in every scenario, and if I need I just turn it of (and everything I say here is not what I know for my self but this is what people have told me) also okey I choose the TMx instead then, that was why I asked, i thought it could be something like that because people have said that before, and thank you so much for all your help! I appreciate it so much! :)

Reactions: refillable
May 30, 2020
The 10600K has 6 cores 12 threads. Just look at some reviews about it, think they wil change your mind. Unless you are totallly aginst overclocking which you wouldn;t have to do right away.

Okey I will check it out, thanks for all your help! And also is f model locked? And is kf models locked?

May 30, 2020
It is a built-in graphics processing unit in a CPU.
Specifically: Integrated graphical processing unit.

It does the same thing as a normal dedicated Graphics card, just with much less power.

Is it necessary to have? Is it just a backup in case that your GPU breaks or something? If I don't have it is it going to effect the power of my PC while gaming and stuff like that or when I just are using the web?

FoxVoxDK

Distinguished
It is not necessary no, is it nice to have in case your graphics breaks, yes it is, but that's me speaking from a maintenance standpoint.
The difference in price between K and KF is very small, so ultimately it's up to you.

It will in no way affect your performance while gaming or otherwise, once you have a standalone graphics card and your DP or HDMI is connected to that.
There are also options in the BIOS to completely turn it off and only activate it, when you need it, should you need it.

May 30, 2020
It is not necessary no, is it nice to have in case your graphics breaks, yes it is, but that's me speaking from a maintenance standpoint.
The difference in price between K and KF is very small, so ultimately it's up to you.

It will in no way affect your performance while gaming or otherwise, once you have a standalone graphics card and your DP or HDMI is connected to that.
There are also options in the BIOS to completely turn it off and only activate it, when you need it, should you need it.

Okey thank you so much then I know how all that works, do you think it is a good idea to not be locked?

May 30, 2020

I took a 10700kf so I will be able to overclock it if it was my money I bought this for I would have gone for the 10700k but I get this in 15 years present, because I Sweden 15 years old is a big thing and you get something really expensive then like a moped, gaming computer or something like that so then I kinda have a budget to follow I try to keep it under 1,700 dollars or 17000 Swedish crown's because 17000 swedish crown's is more than 1,700 dollars so a bit more than 1,700 dollars, anyways is that a safe play? Because then I can overclock because I feel like if my GPU dies or something like that i feel like that not being able to use a <Mod Edit> IGP, is my last problem I feel like fixing a new GPU so I can start use the PC properly is the main issue and problem them and not that IGP. And btw thank again for helping me out it means a lot and I appreciate it so much, the clock is 11:43 pm in Sweden right now and I am going to go to school tomorrow so I am going to go to bed, thanks again for the help :)

Last edited by a moderator:

TRENDING THREADS