Build Advice Is this a good pc build?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
May 30, 2020
https://photos.app.goo.gl/CLTGjQhw8h8f4aUU9 is it a good build? And I wonder should I have a faster ram and should I have a more i power supply because my GPU needs 550 and I want to be able to overclock both GPU and CPU at max overclock without any power issues. Just want to say that the HDD is one and not two even if it is on both pictures. If you can't see the pictures, reply and say that and I will try to fix it.

Last edited:

FoxVoxDK

Distinguished
Okey thank you so much then I know how all that works, do you think it is a good idea to not be locked?
Depends, you could argue that the value of the K version makes up for its price due to the extra performance you could potentially gain. Something like the 10600k can reach the performance in some instances of the 10900k.
It also leaves the option open, if at some point you feel like OC'ing after reading and researching and find out it's something you'd like to try.
Your cooler wouldn't be sufficient to OC much though, but that's easy to fix down the road.
Also, change the HDD to something that spins at 7200rpm.

Hehe, sova gott min Svenska broder. :)
Skriv i morgen om du finder tid.

May 30, 2020
Depends, you could argue that the value of the K version makes up for its price due to the extra performance you could potentially gain. Something like the 10600k can reach the performance in some instances of the 10900k.
It also leaves the option open, if at some point you feel like OC'ing after reading and researching and find out it's something you'd like to try.
Your cooler wouldn't be sufficient to OC much though, but that's easy to fix down the road.
Also, change the HDD to something that spins at 7200rpm.

Hehe, sova gott min Svenska broder. :)
Skriv i morgen om du finder tid.

Fan vad gött, och tack detsamma! :) Jag har ändrat HDD:n till en 7200rpm men drog ner mig från 2tb till 1tb för att dra ner kostnaden och kunna skaffa en bättre CPU kylare dock bara fläckt, men jag ska ju liksom ändå inte ha en massa skit lagrad på den sen drog jag ner SSD:n till 250 gb för jag klarar mig på det skulle jag säga och att kan köpa en till senare, jag gjorde dock detta val för att kunna dra ner kostnaden till CPU:n, men frågan är om mina mamma som inte förstår sig på sig sånt här vill sänka priset tar jag nog en 10600k, men tror du att det blir bra om jag tar en 10700kf? För den ända skillnaden mellan en 10700kf och 10700k är väl ipg:n eller är den k versionen allmänt bättre eller? För jag går nog kanske efter en 10700kf om den ända skillnaden är att kf inte har en ipg så tar jag nog den, och tack så himla mycket för all hjälp asså hade inte kunna gjort detta bygge själv utan din och alla andras hjälp! :)

Reactions: FoxVoxDK
School is open in Sweden? Wow, very surprising. I don't agree with the others, honestly. The 10700 is the better one IMO, you are probably going to find the extra cores handy in the long run. Sure it's not going to be faster now, but who knows what happens later? The 10600K and the 10900K are barely faster than it anyway when it comes to boost clock (~5%). I know for sure base clock does not matter as it is just a cheeky way from Intel to keep the TDP down. I mean, we've seen this situation before, on 7th gen Intel CPUs specifically.

FoxVoxDK

Distinguished
För jag går nog kanske efter en 10700kf om den ända skillnaden är att kf inte har en ipg så tar jag nog den, och tack så himla mycket för all hjälp asså hade inte kunna gjort detta bygge själv utan din och alla andras hjälp! :)
Hehe bara så du vet, Jäg är en Dansk jävla med en Svensk flickvän. xD
I don't think you should pick a 10600k, it was merely to show that even though it is the lesser of the two processors, just that the tiny "k" makes it very potent.
The 10700kf will serve you well for longer.
No worries, it's why we are here!

The 10700 is the better one IMO, you are probably going to find the extra cores handy in the long run.
Make no mistake, Refill. I was merely attempting to show him what the "k" can do. I feel there is hardly any reason to not go with the 10700k, the overclocking and extra cores may just keep an upgrade a year or two further down the road.

May 30, 2020
Putting my mod hat on here, please keep posts in English. Non English posts aren't allowed and get deleted. I understand what was happening there. But please keep it so everyone can read. Thanks.

Ohh I am so sorry I didn't know, I will follow that then I am so sorry, thanks for being nice, and telling me that it's not allowed

May 30, 2020
School is open in Sweden? Wow, very surprising. I don't agree with the others, honestly. The 10700 is the better one IMO, you are probably going to find the extra cores handy in the long run. Sure it's not going to be faster now, but who knows what happens later? The 10600K and the 10900K are barely faster than it anyway when it comes to boost clock (~5%). I know for sure base clock does not matter as it is just a cheeky way from Intel to keep the TDP down. I mean, we've seen this situation before, on 7th gen Intel CPUs specifically.
Hehe bara så du vet, Jäg är en Dansk jävla med en Svensk flickvän. xD
I don't think you should pick a 10600k, it was merely to show that even though it is the lesser of the two processors, just that the tiny "k" makes it very potent.
The 10700kf will serve you well for longer.
No worries, it's why we are here!

Make no mistake, Refill. I was merely attempting to show him what the "k" can do. I feel there is hardly any reason to not go with the 10700k, the overclocking and extra cores may just keep an upgrade a year or two further down the road.
Not going to tell you which cpu to buy, was a suggestion. Think personally that the 10600K will do fine for years to come with 12 threads. Would rather spend the cash saved on other parts, but that is me.

Okey thank you so much and guys, I think I will go with the 10700kf, because then I can overclock and keep it in my budget range, and yeah some schools are closed depends on how old you are, all basic schools (forgot the real name for it and I am to lazy to look it up) are open, like the schools that give you basic learning till you are 15-16 years old depends when on the year you are born, but all other schools are closed and instead they have online school and teachers are in the schools working but not the students doe

May 30, 2020
Also a question more just to make sure is the motherboard good for gaming or would it be better to like switch to a ASUS ROG motherboard in the same price category? Also if they have released the 30 series of Nvidia GPU:s do you think I need a bigger PSU then if I upgrade to one of the 30 seriers and maybe a better CPU so I don't just have a overpowered GPU and a bad CPU just what you think, because know we all have limited information about the 30 series, so you say what you think and what your thoughts about what you think will be best and maybe be a good choice also can I do a little overclocking on the CPU cooler or is it just to get like a good noctua CPU cooler or like a simple water cooler later not a custom water cooler of course