[SOLVED] Is this a good productivity Display?

Copperbad

Honorable
Aug 25, 2014
I'm getting into programming and am trying to get my workstation set up.
I want two or even three monitors, and I want to be able to tilt one into portrait mode.

I have an ASUS PG278QR that I absolutely love for gaming, and I like the idea of my other displays matching my first. This also has the awesome feature of tilting to portrait mode very easily, a big plus for working in text editors. I also love its matte screen. It is only 2K though, which is the sweet spot for my gaming but maybe not ideal for productivity?

I don't know much about displays though, is this a good monitor for long hours of working in code? Or should I look for something that I'm not paying a premium for 165hz and whatnot.

If i can get a second of these for a good price, would it suit my needs or should I keep the one for gaming and get something designed for productivity for my second and third?
Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
It's all up to you what you do. There are times when mixing refresh rates on monitors causes issues with games, you may see some odd stuttering.

The 1440 resolution is good enough to fit enough things on the screens and that monitor looks fine to look at for long periods of time. Since you have it already you should know how it is for you.

Looking for a used one of the same model should save you some money, but up to you if you want to spend the money on a matching set, I know I would try to match monitors.
It's all up to you what you do. There are times when mixing refresh rates on monitors causes issues with games, you may see some odd stuttering.

The 1440 resolution is good enough to fit enough things on the screens and that monitor looks fine to look at for long periods of time. Since you have it already you should know how it is for you.

Looking for a used one of the same model should save you some money, but up to you if you want to spend the money on a matching set, I know I would try to match monitors.

Solution