Is this a good Ryzen Build?

Slow Pri

Respectable
Feb 29, 2016
Hello!

I am building a Ryzen build as my main desktop and gifting my Skylake setup to my GF. (i3-6100) I really want to have the experience of building with the new Ryzen CPU + Motherboards. However, I have created a basic list of what I would want I don't really have a budget but I really do like what I've chosen.

List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rFKJd6

NOTE: I don't want mechanical Hard Drives, only M.2 Slots. 512GB is chosen because I don't need more than 256GB but it's the $60 more that gets me almost double.

I'd also be using my EVGA 1050Ti 4GB SSC that's why I'm using 550W power supply since they are low usage.

I won't be gaming much on this computer as it's more of a all around build for everything, and in addition will be getting into video editing/photography and potentially some VM work.

Thanks!

Solution
Get faster ram. 3200 if possible. It shows up very significantly in benchmarks on Ryzen, both in gaming and productivity. The Infinity Fabric thruput speeds seem to be tied to ram speeds. So faster ram = faster cpu thruput, as well as the smaller benefit of faster ram in and of itself.
Added together, these are significant for Ryzen builds.
Now with latest bios updates, there are a lot more choices of ram that will play nice with Ryzen at 3000-3200 speeds.
Everything else looks pretty solid for your use.

exroofer

Distinguished
Get faster ram. 3200 if possible. It shows up very significantly in benchmarks on Ryzen, both in gaming and productivity. The Infinity Fabric thruput speeds seem to be tied to ram speeds. So faster ram = faster cpu thruput, as well as the smaller benefit of faster ram in and of itself.
Added together, these are significant for Ryzen builds.
Now with latest bios updates, there are a lot more choices of ram that will play nice with Ryzen at 3000-3200 speeds.
Everything else looks pretty solid for your use.

Solution