[SOLVED] Is this a good setup and what should i upgrade?

Mar 7, 2019
Kolink Punisher MIDI Tower Case

BE Quiet 500Watt Bronze Power Supply Unit

Intel Core i7-8700K Retail - (1151/Hex Core/3.70GHz/12MB/Coffee Lake/95W/Graphics)

Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 Vengeance LPX 16 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4 3200 MHz C16 XMP 2.0 High Performance Desktop Memory Kit, Black

Samsung Pro EVO 240GB SSD HDD Fast Hdd

Corsair Air Series AF120-LED Quiet Edition High Airflow LED Fan, 120 mm - Red, Dual Pack x3

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F

Seagate 4 TB EXPANSION

Western Digital Black 1 TB HDD Data Hdd

Palit GEFORCEGTX 1060 6Gb Super Jet Graphics

Samsung Super Multi DVD-RW

am also using 2 leds with 20 lights each

Is this an good setup?

also is the power supply enough as i might get a new one

Solution
Is this for gaming, and at what screen resolution / refresh rate? And do you own this hardware yet, or are you planning to buy it? For gaming, it's typically better to put as much or more of your budget toward your graphics card as toward your CPU and motherboard, as in most cases the graphics card should make a much larger difference to game performance, at least in most newer games at high settings. What I see here is nearly $500 put toward a high-end CPU and motherboard, and half that put toward graphics. So, the graphics card would be the weakest link in this setup.

Also, the system has an SSD, but one that's relatively low in capacity. It should be plenty large enough for your OS, applications, and some games, but you...
Is this for gaming, and at what screen resolution / refresh rate? And do you own this hardware yet, or are you planning to buy it? For gaming, it's typically better to put as much or more of your budget toward your graphics card as toward your CPU and motherboard, as in most cases the graphics card should make a much larger difference to game performance, at least in most newer games at high settings. What I see here is nearly $500 put toward a high-end CPU and motherboard, and half that put toward graphics. So, the graphics card would be the weakest link in this setup.

Also, the system has an SSD, but one that's relatively low in capacity. It should be plenty large enough for your OS, applications, and some games, but you probably won't fit too many modern games alongside your OS on a 240GB drive, and game load times will only benefit when they are installed to the drive. I would consider adding a higher capacity SSD for game storage, even if it's just a SATA SSD like a Samsung 860 Evo or Crucial MX500.

Solution
The power supply should be enough. However as cryoburner pointed out, its slightly unbalanced with a CPU that is held back by the graphics card (at least for gaming). Also, if you decide to stick if the current CPU, you will need to buy a CPU cooler as the i7-8700k doesn't come with a CPU cooler that is required for operation.

Mar 7, 2019

Also, the system has an SSD, but one that's relatively low in capacity. It should be plenty large enough for your OS, applications, and some games, but you probably won't fit too many modern games alongside your OS on a 240GB drive, and game load times will only benefit when they are installed to the drive. I would consider adding a higher capacity SSD for game storage, even if it's just a SATA SSD like a Samsung 860 Evo or Crucial MX500.
yes i currently have this and i was just needing suggestions i will be upgrading my gpu very soon thanks for your input. :) also just 1080 60hz nothing insane also i don't put my games on my ssd only my programs and windows

btw i just upgraded my cpu and motherboard from a intel i5 6500 and asus pro gaming b150 so it was quite an upgrade and am not insanely rich or even near it so it takes a long time for me to even do that upgrade

Mar 7, 2019
The power supply should be enough. However as cryoburner pointed out, its slightly unbalanced with a CPU that is held back by the graphics card (at least for gaming). Also, if you decide to stick if the current CPU, you will need to buy a CPU cooler as the i7-8700k doesn't come with a CPU cooler that is required for operation.
yes am using a coolermaster cpu cooler

Niko_2

Commendable
Oct 2, 2016
Kolink Punisher MIDI Tower Case

BE Quiet 500Watt Bronze Power Supply Unit

Intel Core i7-8700K Retail - (1151/Hex Core/3.70GHz/12MB/Coffee Lake/95W/Graphics)

Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 Vengeance LPX 16 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4 3200 MHz C16 XMP 2.0 High Performance Desktop Memory Kit, Black

Samsung Pro EVO 240GB SSD HDD Fast Hdd

Corsair Air Series AF120-LED Quiet Edition High Airflow LED Fan, 120 mm - Red, Dual Pack x3

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F

Seagate 4 TB EXPANSION

Western Digital Black 1 TB HDD Data Hdd

Palit GEFORCEGTX 1060 6Gb Super Jet Graphics

Samsung Super Multi DVD-RW

am also using 2 leds with 20 lights each

Is this an good setup?

also is the power supply enough as i might get a new one

I mean, if you're gonna get an 8700k, i'd just stick with a z370 board instead of a z390. Otherwise I'd get a 9700k or a 9900k if you're going with a z390 board.

Feb 20, 2019
If you are not overclocking, you power supply should be totally adequate, but if you are going for the i7-8700k, getting a more powerful graphics card would enable you to use the full potential of your chip.

Mar 7, 2019
If you are not overclocking, you power supply should be totally adequate, but if you are going for the i7-8700k, getting a more powerful graphics card would enable you to use the full potential of your chip.
i have it set to it's default and it seems to auto overclock to 4.9ghz

Feb 20, 2019
You must have gotten a good cpu unit, sometimes the natural clock speed is higher by default (even when not overclocked) So it shouldn't consume any more power than the stock power consumption, and even if it does consume more it wouldn't be by much.

Mar 7, 2019
You must have gotten a good cpu unit, sometimes the natural clock speed is higher by default (even when not overclocked) So it shouldn't consume any more power than the stock power consumption, and even if it does consume more it wouldn't be by much.
yeh right now its at 4.9ghz when default its ment to be 3.6ghz

I agree with Brownie. It's a little overkill for 1080p, 60 fps gaming. If you decide to upgrade the GPU to something better, then I would also suggest treating yourself to a monitor that has higher resolution and/or refresh rate in order notice much of a difference in games, if you have the money to do so. Otherwise, upgrading the GPU might not give you much improvement in graphical fidelity or frame times at all.

Mar 7, 2019
This system is totally overkill for 180p 60fps. This could be pushing out fps at rates over 100 easily in a lot of games at 1080p without breaking a sweat.
yes i do understand and i am currently looking to upgrade my monitor and gpu but a good decent monitor is 400+ and a GOOD gpu looking 500+ so yeh i don't have that rn i just now upgraded my cpu and moterhboard so bit by bit