[SOLVED] Is this a good setup for a gaming PC?

Oct 16, 2020
Hi,

I am new to the world of PC-building, but have read of all the advantages of building a pc yourself (in addition to how fun it can be). As a result I started reading up on different parts and ultimately started to pick components. My budget landed me on these parts:
PC-components_1.png

My question is as stated in the topic; "Is this a good setup for a gaming PC?". Furthermore, would there be any major bottlenecks, incompatibility issues, cooling issues etc? Is there anything you would upgrade or downgrade? Lastly, is there anything I should watch out for as a new pc builder?

Notes: I will be playing on my home office screen 60 hertz 1920*1200 dual monitors. I then want 60 FPS but with the option of having ray tracing enabled.

Thanks in advance for any helpful advice.

Solution
Hi,

I am new to the world of PC-building, but have read of all the advantages of building a pc yourself (in addition to how fun it can be). As a result I started reading up on different parts and ultimately started to pick components. My budget landed me on these parts:
PC-components_1.png

My question is as stated in the topic; "Is this a good setup for a gaming PC?". Furthermore, would there be any major bottlenecks, incompatibility issues, cooling issues etc? Is there anything you would upgrade or downgrade? Lastly, is there anything I should watch out for as a new pc builder?

Notes: I will be playing on my home office screen 60 hertz 1920*1200 dual monitors. I then want 60 FPS but with the...

AcGee

Prominent
Sep 21, 2020
Hi,

PC-components_1.png

Notes: I will be playing on my home office screen 60 hertz 1920*1200 dual monitors. I then want 60 FPS but with the option of having ray tracing enabled.

Thanks in advance for any helpful advice.

Processor and RAM both look good. You might want to upgrade the PSU to future proof (RTX 30 series are more power hungry). Price dependent on the 2070, you might be better off buying second hand, some good discounts available after people upgraded to 30 series.

What's the thermal paste for? Standard CPU cooler will come pre-applied so could cut down some costs there too.

As for tips, watch youtube, loads of content and easy to follow. Best advice, take your time and don't ever rush. Best of luck and enjoy :)

Solution
Oct 16, 2020
Processor and RAM both look good. You might want to upgrade the PSU to future proof (RTX 30 series are more power hungry). Price dependent on the 2070, you might be better off buying second hand, some good discounts available after people upgraded to 30 series.

What's the thermal paste for? Standard CPU cooler will come pre-applied so could cut down some costs there too.

As for tips, watch youtube, loads of content and easy to follow. Best advice, take your time and don't ever rush. Best of luck and enjoy :)

Thank you very much for the answer. I was not aware that the CPU comes with thermal paste pre applied.