[SOLVED] is this a good system?

Solution
would it be bbetter or like a bit better with a 970? cause thats another card i have laying around and yea iam planning on upgrading my GPU i have a amd fx6300 system right now so this one iam guessing is more future proof with just upgrading the GPU yes?
the gtx 970 and gtx 1060 are about the same in performance.

the 970 is probably a bit slower actually.

but your cpu is very outdated, so the new i7 will push your framerates much higher on that gpu.
hmm... for the price, the cpu and chassis and psu and ram are all fine, but that graphics card is a little underpowered for the rest of the system...

it will be capable of 1080p@60 fps, on high and in some older aaa games even max settings

but if youre aiming for that kind of performance, you can find a system that is.. 200$ less with a less powerful cpu, like an i5 8400 or 8600k, but the same gpu.
though, for the parts, that is a good deal.

Apr 10, 2020
hmm... for the price, the cpu and chassis and psu and ram are all fine, but that graphics card is a little underpowered for the rest of the system...

it will be capable of 1080p@60 fps, on high and in some older aaa games even max settings

but if youre aiming for that kind of performance, you can find a system that is.. 200$ less with a less powerful cpu, like an i5 8400 or 8600k, but the same gpu.
though, for the parts, that is a good deal.

would it be bbetter or like a bit better with a 970? cause thats another card i have laying around and yea iam planning on upgrading my GPU i have a amd fx6300 system right now so this one iam guessing is more future proof with just upgrading the GPU yes?

but your cpu is very outdated, so the new i7 will push your framerates much higher on that gpu.

Reactions: qazzzzz96
Solution
Apr 10, 2020

cool iam planning on getting a 1080 will that be okay with the i7 8700 or will it bottleneck a bit? cause if its good i can sell the 1060 and put a bit of money and get a 1080 and be set for a while atleast