Is this a good upgrade for a YouTuber (Creator/Streamer)?

Feb 21, 2018
So I am a YouTuber and my current build is showing its age in gaming, streaming and rendering. My current build specifications:

• CPU: AMD FX-8350
    GPU: Nvidia Evga GTX 1070 8GB
    Mobo: Gigabyte GA-990X AM3+
    RAM: 16GB DDR3
    Power Supply: Corsair CX600 80+
    Storage: 2TB HDD and 128GB SSD
    Case: NZXT S340

So for a while I have been thinking about the perfect parts for my use case which is playing games, streaming, recording videos, editing videos and rendering videos. These are the parts that I decided pick for a system upgrade in the future (which came to a total of £2000 without shipping costs but I would say about £2200 - £2300 including shipping costs):

• CPU: Threadripper 2950x 16 cores 32 threads
    GPU: Nvidia Evga GTX 1070 8GB (Salvaging the GPU from my current build for the meantime)
    Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E (E-ATX)
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3200Mhz (2 x 16GB)
    Power Supply: Evga Supernova 80+ Platinum 650w Fully Modular
    Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 1TB M.2 SSD
    Case: NZXT H700 (Supports E-ATX)

For my next build I am planning to salvage my GTX 1070 from my current build because I bought it recently and if I were to upgrade my GPU for my next build I would go for an RTX 2080 later down the road. However, let me know any changes I could make apart from the GPU to my next build. Right now I don't have the money for the build and it would take me about a year to get it so if there are next gen releases for CPUs I will get next year's equivalent with changes to mobo obviously if not compatible with CPU chipset.

Edit: For my next build to cool the Threadripper 2950x, I am planning to get a Noctua NH-U14S with an extra fan. This cooler looked great for Threadripper benchmarks and actually beat some liquid aio coolers however I am unsure if this cooler can cope with Threadripper 2, if not please give me some suggestions to better cooling solutions.

Well that CPU is way more than what you need so yes this build would be more than ideal.

What you could do however is go for an i7 for your gaming rig and use your current FX as a dedicated streaming PC. You can link both computers, that way your main rig will be used just for gaming while your streaming PC does all the streaming work. you can just buy any cheap GPU card for your streaming PC (old PC).

Feb 21, 2018

AMD FX-8350 is terrible for streaming or gaming, ideally I want to get rid of my current build except salvage the GPU and stick with a beefy single build for an all-rounder. After deeper thought and longer research I am deciding to stick with getting the Threadripper 2 2950x, although team red has disappointed be with the AMD FX-8350 build I definitely needed to have done more research before building my current build however that 32GB RAM and 2950x is going to work wonderful together to render high quality video fast.

Tl1QPdm.png