[SOLVED] Is this a good upgrade path?

Hi,i currently have i7 3770,r9 380 4gb,16gb ddr3,chieftec elp-700s 700W,lenovo ih61m ,1tb hdd.
I plan on upgrading to gtx 1070ti later on (any amd recommendations?) and 240gb ssd.Is this a good idea?
Also plan on buying a new monitor to replace my asus vh192 (which i will probably use as side monitor since my new monitor will be for gaming)
What do you think?

bignastyid

Titan
i understand,chieftec is not a well reviewed brand,but i dont understand one thing.Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 380 4gb tdp is 190W,Palit GTX 1070 TI Dual 8GB (im buying this one) has a tdp of 180W so if my psu can handle 3770 and r9 380 4gb,why cant handle 10W less?
What you should be worried about is how much longer it will last and what will it take with it when it goes. A good PSU is cheap insurance when you consider the cost of replacing the other components a poor quality one can kill.

Reactions: GarrettL
Replace that psu...please.

It's always fascinating that people ask for help, people respond and the answers are rejected.

Is it an emotional attachment to the parts or what?
i have never rejected anyone's oppinion,i just dont have money to spend on a new psu.Money doesn't grow on trees and i had some priorities BEFORE buying a new psu which were gtx 1070 ti and a ssd,but it seems like i should replace the psu before buying 1070 ti.I know that the brand is bad,but it is all i have for now and i want to be 100% sure that it needs to be replaced before buying a new gpu.Its not a emotional attachement,its just a financial problem.If i had the money i would for sure go for something from EVGA,Corsair,Seasonic,be quiet!,etc...As a matter of fact this psu was a gift for me,and i took it just to replace my old 10$ 500W psu.Thats all.

bignastyid

Titan
i have never rejected anyone's oppinion,i just dont have money to spend on a new psu.Money doesn't grow on trees and i had some priorities BEFORE buying a new psu which were gtx 1070 ti and a ssd,but it seems like i should replace the psu before buying 1070 ti.I know that the brand is bad,but it is all i have for now and i want to be 100% sure that it needs to be replaced before buying a new gpu.Its not a emotional attachement,its just a financial problem.If i had the money i would for sure go for something from EVGA,Corsair,Seasonic,be quiet!,etc...As a matter of fact this psu was a gift for me,and i took it just to replace my old 10$ 500W psu.Thats all.
Low quality PSU's can end up being very expensive in the end.

None of those are good.
I know,the crazy part is that they are all around 60$ which is crazy.My coutry doesnt have good psu options like corsair,be quiet,evga,seasonic etc.I thinl they have 1 seasonic psu which is 150$ and its probably 80$ in us.Thats why i said i dont have money to spend on a psu.Is it a good idea to buy like a cx550 used,or evga br 600 used or somthing that is good,but used?

TRENDING THREADS