Is this a good value for money monitor?

BokeySmacon

Commendable
Oct 2, 2016
So I'm looking at buying this monitor: https://www.scan.co.uk/products/27-acer-predator-xb271hu-g-sync-monitor-165hz-ips-panel-2560x1440-4ms-100m1-hdmi-dp-usb-2x-speakers

and was wondering your opinions on if it's good value for money. At a glance it's got:
27" screen
165Hz refresh rate
G-Sync
4ms response time

For £550.. Is this a good monitor to get? Are there any cheaper ones with the same specifications?

The reviews for this are all pretty good but I would like your opinions too

EDIT: Sorry I just realised I've put this in completely the wrong forum, will get it moved or deleted asap

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Certainly not good value for the money. G-sync monitors are still way over-priced. I agree, though, system specs are needed to make a decent decision. Not much sense getting a QHD high refresh display unless you have at least a GTX1070Ti, or unless you exclusively play lower requirements games. (But if speed is the goal, there are 1080p 180hz and 240hz monitors available)

It is going to be about the cheapest VA QHD 144hz (165hz overclocked) G-sync monitor. An equivalent would be the PG279Q from ASUS, and AOC has a similar model (but I don't know much about it)

If you aren't dead set on the "IPS" then there are TN panel versions of these from ASUS, Acer, and Dell, and now HP.