[SOLVED] Is this a GPU, monitor or coding issue ?

Jul 26, 2021
First System Specs:
3950x
32 GB RAM 3200
Samsung NVME drive(s)
6900xt
850 PSU
LG 144hz monitor Ultrawide

I really don't have a lot of games on this system and have been playing COD BOCW. Used to play Fortnite a bit without issues, but graphics are very different in that game. That said, I get these flickering criss-cross lines when I play BOCW at times the game is downright unplayable. Generally there are certain maps that tend to produce more of the this effect. My question is is this a GPU issue? I think I've eliminated the monitor as the issue as the LG is less than a week old and the same was happening on a 100hz monitor. (I left this in as issue because I'm still not sure.) Or is it that this game is just this badly coded? I would appreciate any ideas or feedback at this point. For reference the video clip I'm attaching is on the 100 hz monitor and not the new one. I'm at the point of wanting to trash the 6900 and switch back to Nvidia, but I can't help but feel that isn't the issue overall.

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you add a little bit more information? We will need to know the make and model of your PSU. The way you've mentioned it, we know of it's wattage but we don't know the sort of build quality the PSU is of. Include the age of the PSU as well. Make and model of your motherboard? Which Samsung NVMe drive do you have? Is the game installed on the Samsung drive or another(game library) drive? If your PSU is reliably built, you could try and use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, reboot, then manually reinstall your GPU driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

You will need to make sure your BIOS and OS are up to date prior to making sure your drivers are up to date.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you add a little bit more information? We will need to know the make and model of your PSU. The way you've mentioned it, we know of it's wattage but we don't know the sort of build quality the PSU is of. Include the age of the PSU as well. Make and model of your motherboard? Which Samsung NVMe drive do you have? Is the game installed on the Samsung drive or another(game library) drive? If your PSU is reliably built, you could try and use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, reboot, then manually reinstall your GPU driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

You will need to make sure your BIOS and OS are up to date prior to making sure your drivers are up to date.

Solution
Jul 26, 2021
Sure! Thank you for responding. It's a thermal take toughpower GF1. The drive is Samsung 970 EVO Pro. And the MOBO is a MSI Godlike X570. I've been updating the BIOS fairly regularly to see if it has any impact. BIOS is on the July Update. OS is up to date. Current monitor is LG 34GP83A-B

Jul 26, 2021
What if it hadn't overheated and I haven't overclocked it? Would your response still be the same? I've only ever hit 83 C in Far Cry and based on what I've read that's normal for the 6900. It is on the default fan curve. Or are you saying that based on the clip above the card is damaged? Just want to be sure before I RMA it.