[SOLVED] Is this a legit card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raffsf

Honorable
May 18, 2016
I have been upgrading my aged system and last November ordered a GTX 1650.

After almost 2 months waiting for a card that looks like it may never arrive I started searching for a new one.

"A new graphics card! Are you mad" I hear you exclaim, no I am not mad, I am hoping to find a new graphics card. Well, my adventures took me across and around the globe until I discovered a RX580 8GB.

"Buy it you fool, BUY!" I hear you cry BUT I've not used the site before and the price does seem a tad on the cheap side, especially with current shortages.

Any advice on this please?

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Graphics-card-AMD-radeon-gpu-rx_62432750688.html

Solution
That specific one looks legit. HOWEVER, if you have ever googled or seen youtube video's of wish graphics cards, or any gpu's from these over seas companies you know its a gamble. While this one shows the specs to be what a RX580 should. There's a solid chance you're gonna get something with a flashed BIOS that reads as a RX580. Watch some youtube videos of people buying off sites like this and playing the "what card did I actually get" game.

That's not to mention the shipping times are very loose from my experience. I have used this site in the past for oddities like cheap case fans and led strips and that 10-15 day shipping advertised was more like 25-30 days.

In short. Could it be a legit card? Yes it could.

Could it be fake...
Looks liegit but what is pictured isnt always what you get. What country are you located in and what is your budget for a new card?

Also what are the specs of your PC? Please include the make and model of your power supply as this will also dictate what card you computer can support.

Bulger

Commendable
Jan 24, 2020
I wouldn’t put it past Alibaba to ship you the wrong card somehow, or not be entirely truthful on what the card is. I’d stick to US markets if I were you.

ZeroDollarBudget

Commendable
Sep 5, 2019
That specific one looks legit. HOWEVER, if you have ever googled or seen youtube video's of wish graphics cards, or any gpu's from these over seas companies you know its a gamble. While this one shows the specs to be what a RX580 should. There's a solid chance you're gonna get something with a flashed BIOS that reads as a RX580. Watch some youtube videos of people buying off sites like this and playing the "what card did I actually get" game.

That's not to mention the shipping times are very loose from my experience. I have used this site in the past for oddities like cheap case fans and led strips and that 10-15 day shipping advertised was more like 25-30 days.

In short. Could it be a legit card? Yes it could.

Could it be fake? More likely than not.

Do a bit more digging and in the end waiting for your card may be the best option.

Solution

raffsf

Honorable
May 18, 2016
If you click below the mining card there is n option for the a NEW RX580 8GB-GAMING card.

A guide on buying from Alibaba says to look for thing like Trade assure, which it is and been selling for years which it has (8 years).

I was buying some stocking fillers on Wish when I saw a Huawei phone at a great price, a quick look at the specs of the legit looking phone quickly revealed they were quite different from a legit phone. It was that experience that made me think twice about this one.

I have bought a card, sort of, I placed an order with scan.co.uk (based in northern Ireland) on 27th November - I am getting very bored waiting for the MSI gtx 1650.

Budget is max £200, but budget isn't the issue - it's finding cards in stock.

PSU is 550w with 6 & 8 pin connectors.

Last edited:

GregoryDude

Distinguished
May 16, 2015
I ordered one from China and indeed it was an RX 580, however it performed like a 570. It wasn't a scam, but AMD made an RX 580 model that they only sell in China and has the exact same amount of streaming processes (2048) as an RX 570, but it is a genuine RX 580. Don't blame China though, blame AMD. More info on that here:
https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3405-amd-china-rx-580-2048-review-dataland

Reactions: NP
Someone in China sell out his mining farm. If you indeed have £200 (I mean papers with queen on it), invest them in better GPU. UK shops should still have them. Seriously, GTX 1650 will perform much better than RX580. Plus it most likely will have quieter fans.

It is wort to look in your local craigslist sites too. Maybe someone nearby upgraded to RTX 30xx and is selling his old 16xx stuff for nice price.

raffsf

Honorable
May 18, 2016
Someone in China sell out his mining farm. If you indeed have £200 (I mean papers with queen on it), invest them in better GPU. UK shops should still have them. Seriously, GTX 1650 will perform much better than RX580. Plus it most likely will have quieter fans.

It is wort to look in your local craigslist sites too. Maybe someone nearby upgraded to RTX 30xx and is selling his old 16xx stuff for nice price.

If you can post me a link to a sub £200 that is in stock I will gladly buy it .

I'd rather buy new than used, just in case I was buying a problem.

I posted that shop entry to demonstrate that somewhere in Europe new decent GPUs are still available. Yes, they don't send outside Latvia anyway and seems at today someone already bought last one (was still here at night).

Maybe try local craigslist at first :)

Yes, in term of expensive electronics legitimacy Alibaba is a bit better than Wish. But not much. AliExpress have a bit better reputation when someone want to buy 5+ years old model PC parts. eBay is somewhere there too. But better go for local reputable stores, Amazon or Newegg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS