Is this a legit GPU or a scam?

noahmorgans

Reputable
Nov 9, 2017
https://www.newfrog.com/product/gtx-750ti-2gb-128bit-gddr5-graphics-card-for-nvidia-geforce-203246?currency=USD&gclid=CjwKCAjwspHaBRBFEiwA0eM3kY0z9h6BloTwVEdQ-SNn0mtOj7_cOpk4co6ms4TlHLsuPl9Bzi__qBoCftoQAvD_BwE

Made a mistake and thought that the Ryzen 3 1300x had integrated graphics. Build the entire computer and tried to boot and had a problem. Now I need a GPU for cheap. It's for a work computer so all it needs to run is basic 720/1080p video. Do you guys think this is a scam or legit? If it isn't legit, are there any other graphics cards on sale now for cheap that you can link me?

Solution

Scam.

USAFRet

Titan

Scam.

Solution

noahmorgans

Reputable
Nov 9, 2017

Thank you.

k@rt

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2012
It's half a scam. These are cheap cards made in China, Malaysia etc. and you tend to see them a lot on ebay. I wouldn't recommend getting one, apparently these cards do often "work", however they often don't have the power they claim, but more than that they are simply of very low build quality which will obviously impact lifespan. I wouldn't expect one of these to last more than a few months at the very best.

For a basic card the 710 is good advice, but it won't handle any 3D graphics calculations very well at all, even old games will run badly.