Is this a motherboard or CPU problem link to picture below

Alfred17

Reputable
May 29, 2015

I tried that already and I had the motherboard since 2016

Alfred17

Reputable
May 29, 2015

I just go a new graphics card still messing up and I tested the ram and no problems

Alfred17

Reputable
May 29, 2015

It's not the graphics card cuz it's happening on the one I know works so it has to be either the motherboard or the cpu

If the CPU had so much corruption that the video card would work, but show garbage, then I doubt the CPU would work. On the other hand, corrupt memory would cause a video card to show nonsense. The memory I am thinking of is not the RAM, but instead the BIOS and firmware used for PCIe. Odds go to the motherboard compared to the CPU.

There is also a possibility of inadequate voltage from the power supply to the video card. Once again, I'd think odds are towards the motherboard instead of the power supply since there are regulator and other components on the motherboard passing to the PCIe slots.

It's a guessing game if you can't swap those out one at a time. FYI, if you were to get a new motherboard, but the socket stays the same and the CPU stays the same, then your existing Windows license will stay valid (you might have to jump through some hoops so to speak). If you change the CPU (or the socket type of the motherboard) you'll end up needing a new Windows license.

Alfred17

Reputable
May 29, 2015

I just ordered another cpu if it doesn't work I'll just send it back and order a motherboard

TRENDING THREADS