Is This A Motherboard Problem?

G

I have an Asus Sabertooth Mark 2. When I turn it on, everything turns on. the fans work, the GPU works, the lights turn on, etc. But the mouse and keyboard dont turn on, and they do work with my laptop. Also, I get no display on my monitor. Is this a motherboard problem?

Dee Kay

Reputable
Dec 22, 2014

Have you installed all of the updated drivers? Are there any problem devices showing in device manager? Have you tried your mouse and kb in a USB2 port to see if they work?

G

No, I didnt install the updated drivers. I cant even install Windows because the monitor doesnt display anything. I took out my 2TB hard drive from it and put it with my laptop, and kept only the SSD in.

G

No, I didnt install the updated drivers. I cant even install Windows because the monitor doesnt display anything. I took out my 2TB hard drive from it and put it with my laptop, and kept only the SSD in.

Dee Kay

Reputable
Dec 22, 2014
Try hooking your kb to one of the back USB2 ports or a PS2 port if you have one. Do you hear any beeps at post? Remove your graphics card and try running with nothing except your CPU and fan and one stick of ram. List the rest of your system specs including wattage and brand/model of PSU.

G

My case or motherboard didn't come with a speaker, so can't here beeps. The USB 2 didn't work and dont have one PS2 converters.

My specs are an i5-4690K, Asus Z97 Sabertooth Mark 2, 8GB DDR3-1600 Crucial Memory, 256gb ssd, gtx 970, corsair 500r, and a Rosewill Capstone-750.

Dee Kay

Reputable
Dec 22, 2014
Okay, can you see any red LEDs on your board? Check to make sure your ram is firmly seated so that the side clips are locked in place. Check each cable to make sure each one is seated properly on both ends. Make sure that both the 24 pin and 8 pin plugs are seated tightly. Did you ever remove your graphics card and try with just integrated graphics? Try removing your CMOS battery for 10-15 seconds and then reconnecting. After doing those things then try again and see what happens.