Question Is this a normal performance with this config? What could be the problem?

Kerygam

Prominent
Oct 21, 2020
Hey guys!

We have already talked about this problem in local groups and they too have said that this performance is unrealistic for this config. What's your opinion? What could be the problem?

CPU: Intel Core i5-4570 3.2GhZ
GPU: ASUS Radeon R9 270X DirectCU II TOP 4GB GDDR5
RAM: Hynix 2x8gb 1600mhz (There may be a performance issue here)
Motherboard: Biostar h81mhv3
Power supply: 600W
SSD: (System) Kingston SA400 240GB
HDD: Samsung, 500GB 7200RPM

Now about the performance:

Fortnite:
Not a necessity, sometimes it would be nice to have fun if it didn't spike down to 20-25fps at full low, 720p. I usually run over it and wipe it in a few hours, but it still makes my mind distracting. Which is very surprising that the game runs better on HDD than on SSD. Less lag-spike, more enjoyable. (No matter what setting I'm using at, full low, 800x600, this is the same perfmormance and lagspikes)

League of Legends: The game spins nicely, due to 120fps cuz VSYNC, it holds, but dropping at more serious fights to 70-80, which can be felt at 120hz. I don't have much trouble with that, but I'm interested in it too.

AC: Syndicate: Medium-low settings averages 52 FPS according to Radeon software, although within the game without fps counter it seems very spiky.

Far Cry: Primal: With Medium-low settings, it was very rarely set at 60fps.

Everything I've done so far / comments:

- CPU, GPU cooling paste change, to avoid overheating. By the way, I would add here that the GPU's "automatic" fan control doesn't work.. If I leave it at 20% (automatic) by default, after 10-15 minutes of more serious play (Genshin Impact, Fortnite) the card crashes at 85-90 degrees. Solution: Tighten the fan speed manually to 100%, then no problem with the overheating. I'm wondering, why it didnt controll the fan correctly?
CPU has no problem with temperature.

- Of course I had the latest drivers, bios update etc.

- Reinstalling Windows, multiple times, (for many reasons.)

- Try out older GPU drivers. (It used to be a solution, now it's not)

- Replacing SATA cables, there was also a Power Supply change, although not necessarily because of it, but it did nothing with this performance.

- When I downloading something to the SSD (Software) I literally unable to use other apps, because the downloading use the SSD for 100%, and if I try to watch YT, or etc, it freezes.. Is that normal too?

The motherboard is brand new, I bought it about 3-4months ago, but the previous motherboard had the same performance.

Thanks for reading and I hope someone can help. Havea nice day! :)

Power supply: 600W
SSD: (System) Kingston SA400 240GB

CPU has no problem with temperature.
What make/model PSU?
What cpu cooler?
What cpu temperatures?

Kingston A400 SSD - this is really bad choice for SSD. Lot of people are having problems with this model.
Can you run some benchmarks on it? - HDtune benchmark, AS SSD benchmark.
Post screenshots.
(upload to imgur.com and post link)

Reactions: Kerygam

Kerygam

Prominent
Oct 21, 2020
What make/model PSU?
What cpu cooler?
What cpu temperatures?

Kingston A400 SSD - this is really bad choice for SSD. Lot of people are having problems with this model.
Can you run some benchmarks on it? - HDtune benchmark, AS SSD benchmark.
Post screenshots.
(upload to imgur.com and post link)

Thanks for your reply!
I will check the PSU's type asap I done with my work, but as I know, it's not a non-branded something.

For the CPU cooler, I use the Core i5's stock cooler, because I have no issues with the CPU's temp. Here is a screenshot about some "performance test" and the max temps: View: https://imgur.com/a/MFuxe6R
| As far as I know, 71celsius is not a big deal, with full load, and nor for a long time, but correct me if I'm wrong. (I really can be wrong at this time..)

Talking about SSD: View: https://imgur.com/a/BwWkQQv

Yeah, It is a cheap SSD, but I didnt know that, there are many people having issues with it.
Idk what you think about the Benchmark numbers.