Is THIS a ram problem? pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

scubaslim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
My problem initially started here: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/314364-30-problem

I thought it as fixed, but now I have a new problem. After an hour or so after putting in my new PSU, I found my monitor would not wake up... so I restarted the computer and was greeted with this message "file possibly corrupt. file header checksum does not match computed checksum"

so I restarted, picked safemode, but it went straight to windows recovery. during windows recovery, i got the blue screen of death.

so i restarted again and while booting up, it got stuck on "detecting array ..."

now everytime it just goes through startup repair, but nothing gets fixed

any ideas? thanks!

Solution
You're down to just about being the RAM stick, the Motherboard, or the Windows operating system corruption.
Do you have any yellow flags in Device manager? And what version of Windows are you running?

scubaslim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Maybe I should also mention that now when I re-seat my RAM, it does make a difference. In one slot, I get the problem I am currently having. In the other slot, I get the problem I was previously having with the computer not booting or doing anything. Could this mean is the motherboard instead?

scubaslim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
i only have 1 stick of memory. i tested it through the advanced settings in widows recovery/start up repair. it didn't find any problems and after it restarted after that, windows booted up just fine. I just went down to check if its still going good and found that it restarted itself and was on the start up repair again.

scubaslim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
i've just decided to replace the motherboard and get some new ram. since ddr3 is a fraction of my ddr2. it will all even out cost wise and i'll have a better computer in the end. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS