Question is this a sign of my hotmail account being breached hacked?

TMBlair

Honorable
Feb 9, 2015
Microsoft Outlook <postmaster@outlook.com>
Fri 14/02/2020 16:59

DM3NAM05FT017.mail.protection.outlook.com rejected your message to the following email addresses:

ty*@hotmail.com (ty*@hotmail.com)
A communication failure occurred during the delivery of this message. Please try to resend the message later. If the problem continues, contact your email admin.

DM3NAM05FT017.mail.protection.outlook.com gave this error:
Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable.

Wolfshadw

Titan
im not sure if the : (ty....@..)
part of the other email was a microsoft thing or someone duplicating my account

That how I've always seen it show up. It gives you the short name and then, in parens, the full address. For me, it would show up as something like

Code:
Wolfshadw (wolfshadw@tomshardware.com)
<--- Not an actual e-mail address for me.

I think the error is because of the wildcard asterisk. Attempting to send to a wildcard address would be like sending to:

ty0@hotmail.com
ty1@hotmail.com
ty2@hotmail.com
ty3@hotmail.com
ty4@hotmail.com
ty5@hotmail.com
ad infinitum

-Wolf sends

TMBlair

Honorable
Feb 9, 2015
i think i sent an email to what i thought was a suspect adress to see if it was valid. but it was the postmaster microsoft service i think : ty@hotmail.com (ty@hotmail.com) - the asterix's used are covering up my email id and not part of my email id. but i wasnt sure if it was someone elses email breaching my security identity?!

as someone hacked my pc when i was gaming earlier in the month with remote viewing/controll.
Question : if someone was able to remote view my pc (this is my laptop btw) would they be able to see all my personal info etc and how could i disable people from doing this?

and thankyou people)

Last edited:

TMBlair

Honorable
Feb 9, 2015
That how I've always seen it show up. It gives you the short name and then, in parens, the full address. For me, it would show up as something like

Code:
Wolfshadw (wolfshadw@tomshardware.com)
<--- Not an actual e-mail address for me.

I think the error is because of the wildcard asterisk. Attempting to send to a wildcard address would be like sending to:

ty0@hotmail.com
ty1@hotmail.com
ty2@hotmail.com
ty3@hotmail.com
ty4@hotmail.com
ty5@hotmail.com
ad infinitum

-Wolf sends
i see its just that the address assimilated into the add bar as though it had been regestired you know- with the avatar coloured circle that microsoft uses for i presume *regestired emails

i mean if i type this ( which is random) into email add tab : tyson(tyson59494955)@hotmail.com it doesnt recognise it.
but it did?