Question Is this a suspicious notification on Fire 10 tablet ?

travistee

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2016
A notification showed up that says " Tap to enable reset password for lock screen in case of forget password".

Its on a fire 10 tablet.

This has to be fake.

If I try to swipe it to the left or right it doesn't go away. It shows a clock icon and a settings icon.

How do I get rid of it?

This is a screenshot of what it looks like
https://ibb.co/dcwWmv4

Last edited:

travistee

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2016
Strange as it seems, this is actually a legitimate amazon notification to verify the lockscreen password. I was on the phone with amazon support and they say it is legit.

I had amazon support on the phone. They said it is real and just click on it. Then it asks for your lockscreen pin. That's all there is to it.

Ralston18

Titan
Where/how did you get the Amazon support number?

And even if it was a real Amazon number those folks need to make "quota" and will certainly grab on to the first viable solution the scripting provides.

If anyone can pick up your device and just simply tap to reset a password - that is not right.....

Again - why bother with a password at all?

And the grammar itself is a bit awkward.

Not that uncommon to have poorly written "Help" messages and/or instructions. Still the words, writing style, and grammar are often an indicator of malicious intent.

Just my thoughts on the matter. Hopefully there will be other comments and suggestions.