Is this a virus?

MarESam

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012
Hello guys I need some help, this program(AppData/Local/Temp) is eating my CPU 50% and I don't know how to deal with it so I just end it's task, I'm suspicious in this program because it's eating my CPU and it slows my computer so can you guys tell me what's this?

whutwv.jpg

Another thing, I did scan this with ESET NOD32 antivirus but it doesn't show any signs that my computer has virus then again I used CCleaner after I ended it's task and it says that it's an startup program then fixed it anyway but it's still the same, it's still eating my CPU.

firo40

Splendid
The fact you said removes any virus shows you have no virus experiance. Anti virus programs rely on a virus database to determine what is malicious and what isnt making it extremely vulnerable. Considering how popular programming is these days its impossible to add every virus ever made into its database. Infact as we speak a new virus is being written right now which wouldnt be added to the virus database of your program until it become popular enough and the development team added it to their database. Reformat your computer, its the best way to completely remove a virus

MarESam

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012

It doesn't hurt me that much, it's just annoying to open my task manager and removing it there. Well I think i'll ask my computer engineering friend about this and ask him to reformat my computer if necessary because prevention is better than cure.

MarESam

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012

Hahahaha it's not some movie, It's an online game that I've been downloading, I taught that torrent is faster until it's too late :cheese:.

ittimjones

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2012

You sir must have never worked for a help desk.
FIRST rule ever when giving directions to anyone: Keep it simple

Malwarebytes is the best virus scanner out there, and it's free. A fully updated version will pickup 99% of malware that is good enough to have been acquired from casual internet use. Duh it can't see everything, but if you were worried about all those viruses that you are so quick to jump to reformatting to remove, you wouldn't even use a computing device with onboard storage. Hoss, I have a CEH and CPT. I'm sure I know more about malware (the general term for any malicious code) than you do.

AsadP2012

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2013
Whenever I see long numbers or text on task manager i'd always turn off my internet if I were you dude. It could spread through your connection but after that you should search up on a mobile device the name of the virus or unusual activity and see what it is connected to.
THE EASIEST WAY I tend to remove these kind are by booting into SAFE MODE (repeatedly tapping F11 or F8 to the advanced options menu) and use the the NETWORKING MODE option with safe mode. Download a program called Spybot Search and Destroy and search the computer with that, remove viruses then...
This helps with all types of viruses majority of the time and then always use Malwarebytes after to see if there are any left traces.
It is not about the experience of viruses, it's about the experience you've had after trying to remove something you can't for next time sakes :)

ittimjones

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2012

Yeah, you should be fine. No worries. There's pretty much always a way to fix something and in most cases, lots of ways. lol.

MarESam

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012

hey mate there's two options there first it's free and second it has a pro version but it has a price, I've downloaded the free version and I'm thinking of buying the pro version but I think it's not available in my country so I guess i'm going to look at some computer shops that sells pro version antivirus and buy one.

My question is that are they reliable?

MarESam

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012
After installing malwarebytes(trial) it detected 4 trojans and 2 backdoors LOL! I didn't even notice that my computer has that many viruses haha! thanks to sir ittimjones for his opinion :cheese: