[SOLVED] Is this a workable solution for a Tower PC?

finwizz

Reputable
Mar 3, 2019
Have settled on this spec (no gaming and no RGBs required)
Will be used for Home video editing, browsing etc.

Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Rev2 Gaming Case
AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor
ASUS X470 ROG Crosshair VII Hero Motherboard (no wi-fi)
Corsair CMK32GX4M2D3200C16 Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4 3200 MHz C16
Samsung - 860 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Sapphire - Radeon RX 570 8 GB NITRO+ Video Card

I am not too sure about the Video card. Already have a Dell monitor and HDD drives.

Solution
For not doing any gaming, you've built a pretty decent gaming rig.

Probably overbuying on the motherboard. I won't gainsay you on the CPU, but you could probably just go with the R7-2700 and save a few bucks there. Unless you are planning for a hefty overclock then you would need to add a decent CPU cooler. (Something like a B450 motherboard is more then enough to run that CPU)

You do need a video card, but if you just want basic display capabilities something like an RX560 would be a lot cheaper. Or a GT1030/RX550. Though if you plan to use a GPU for encoding, than the 8GB of memory on the RX570 should come in handy.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
For not doing any gaming, you've built a pretty decent gaming rig.

Probably overbuying on the motherboard. I won't gainsay you on the CPU, but you could probably just go with the R7-2700 and save a few bucks there. Unless you are planning for a hefty overclock then you would need to add a decent CPU cooler. (Something like a B450 motherboard is more then enough to run that CPU)

You do need a video card, but if you just want basic display capabilities something like an RX560 would be a lot cheaper. Or a GT1030/RX550. Though if you plan to use a GPU for encoding, than the 8GB of memory on the RX570 should come in handy.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS