[SOLVED] Is this a worthwhile upgrade (Acer XG270HUA -> Dell S2721DFGA) ?

antony.king55

Reputable
Mar 25, 2018
Hi,

Just wanted to gather some opinons on whether upgrading my monitor from my acer to dell will produce real world improvements (Acer XG270HUA -> Dell S2721DFGA). Ive been upgrading my processor and monitor and aware im may be getting caught up in an ugrade hype lol!

The main improvements Im looking for are visual rather than fps and just curious if you think the picture/colours on the dell monitor will be a noticable imporvement, The Acer monitor I have now has no issues currently but when i bought it I was building the entire PC so did cut some costs on this part of the build for the GPU. So yeah what are peoples thoughts is it worth upgrading or am I kinda just wasting my money on a small improvement ?

Thanks for the help!

EDIT: forgot to mention PC is solely for non competive gaming.

Solution
TN panel to IPS, good move, better colors, better viewing angles.
FreeSync -> FreeSync Premium Pro (Adds support for HDR while VRR is running and other features)
144hz - 165hz, basically a non-issue, just an overclocked/overclockable 144hz panel. Better response times and less ghosting if you stick with 144hz.
Better stand and mounts.
Probably losing a little response time

I would say you won't be disappointed with the change in color, particularly since you are not playing competitive games.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
TN panel to IPS, good move, better colors, better viewing angles.
FreeSync -> FreeSync Premium Pro (Adds support for HDR while VRR is running and other features)
144hz - 165hz, basically a non-issue, just an overclocked/overclockable 144hz panel. Better response times and less ghosting if you stick with 144hz.
Better stand and mounts.
Probably losing a little response time

I would say you won't be disappointed with the change in color, particularly since you are not playing competitive games.

Solution