[SOLVED] is this adapter compatible with my macbook pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

VasuGupta475

Reputable
May 23, 2015
So I had MacBook Pro 15-inch or 17-inch I forgot, whatever and it's dead like 0% battery for 2-5 Months and now I want an adapter for it I don't have money for a genuine one so here is what I want

http://www.amazon.in/Laprite-Magsafe-Adapter-MacBook-A1286/dp/B00LL3T49S?tag=googinhydr18418

-------
My name model number- A1286 written on the back of my device
I checked online and there is like 10 - 20 macs with same model number so will this work with mine - I checked a while ago that it was a Mid-2009 i'm not sure, anyway is it compatible and are Laprite Adapters good?

Solution
A badly made charger could indeed blow up, damage your computer, or catch fire. Note that I am not commenting on this particular charger as I have no experience of it - just a comment on cheap chargers in general.

As for reviews - take them all with a pinch of salt; it's not unknown for reviews to be written not by real customers.

McHenryB

Admirable
Personally, I wouldn't waste money on a third-party adapter for a MacBook. I have no experience of this one, but many of them are cheap copies that can be quite dangerous. Why take the chance of buying a cheap adapter for an expensive laptop?

McHenryB

Admirable
A badly made charger could indeed blow up, damage your computer, or catch fire. Note that I am not commenting on this particular charger as I have no experience of it - just a comment on cheap chargers in general.

As for reviews - take them all with a pinch of salt; it's not unknown for reviews to be written not by real customers.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.