[SOLVED] Is this Aio compatible with the Kraken G12?

Solution
1)I think you should contact NZXT directly about this.
They have several compatible models listed in the product specs, but it might not be the full list: https://www.nzxt.com/products/kraken-g12-white
Compatibility - AIO Liquid CoolersNZXT
Kraken Z73, Z63, X73, X63, X53, X72, X62, X52, X42, X61, X41, X31, X60, X40
Corsair
H105, H110, H90, H75 (CW-9060015-WW only), H55, H50 (CW-906006-WW only)
Thermaltake
Water 3.0 Riing RGB 360, 280, 240, Red 280, 140,
Water 3.0 Ultimate, Extreme S, Extreme, Pro, Performer
Water 2.0 Extreme, Pro, Performer
Antec
KUHLER H2O 920V4, 620V4, 920, 620
Zalman
LQ-320, LQ-315, LQ-310

2)The EVGA cooler uses an Asetek gen 5 pump, the...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
They have several compatible models listed in the product specs, but it might not be the full list: https://www.nzxt.com/products/kraken-g12-white
Corsair
Thermaltake
Antec
Zalman
LQ-320, LQ-315, LQ-310

2)The EVGA cooler uses an Asetek gen 5 pump, the Corsair uses a gen 6(also Asetek), and the fan on the EVGA unit is slightly stronger - and louder - at max speed.
But, since most manufacturers don't post fan curves, it's hard to say which fan is more efficient at lower speeds, like 1000rpm, for example.

Solution

memmeeyee

Commendable
Nov 16, 2017
Corsair
Thermaltake
Antec
Zalman
LQ-320, LQ-315, LQ-310

2)The EVGA cooler uses an Asetek gen 5 pump, the Corsair uses a gen 6(also Asetek), and the fan on the EVGA unit is slightly stronger - and louder - at max speed.
But, since most manufacturers don't post fan curves, it's hard to say which fan is more efficient at lower speeds, like 1000rpm, for example.
The evga cooler stated that it runs at 20 db(a) max, so I’m not worried about the fan. But, I never heard of Asetek, does it make any of a difference in cooling on the pump between generations? If it’s not significant I don’t really care. But I think the evga cooler is actually compatible due to the type of pump, and the fact that I looked at the reviews on Amazon and it said that the G12 was actually compatible with the CL11 cooler from a verified customers.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
The evga cooler stated that it runs at 20 db(a) max, so I’m not worried about the fan.
Umm, that's the noise level for the pump. The fan can run much louder at 32dBA: https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=400-hy-cl11-v1

But, I never heard of Asetek, does it make any of a difference in cooling on the pump between generations? If it’s not significant I don’t really care.
Nah, they're just the manufacturer of the pump. Many of the brands you may be familiar with - EVGA, Cooler Master, Corsair, NZXT, etc., most of the pumps are not made by them, but are ordered from other manufacturers, Asetek and Cool It.
They then receive the pumps and slap their names on 'em.

Hmm, I may have said more than what was necessary...

If other users are saying it's compatible, then it must be so.

Last edited:

memmeeyee

Commendable
Nov 16, 2017
Umm, that's the noise level for the pump. The fan can run much louder at 32dBA: https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=400-hy-cl11-v1

Nah, they're just the manufacturer of the pump. Many of the brands you may be familiar with - EVGA, Cooler Master, Corsair, NZXT, etc., most of the pumps are not made by them, but are ordered from other manufacturers, Asetek and Cool It.
They then receive the pumps and slap their names on 'em.

Hmm, I may have said more than what was necessary...

If other users are saying it's compatible, then it must be so.
Hmm, I didn’t read the part about the fan, but as long if it’s less loud then my GPUs stock cooler then everything’s fine

Hmm, I didn’t read the part about the fan, but as long if it’s less loud then my GPUs stock cooler then everything’s fine
Don't be confused about one fan being louder as that's usually only true at max RPM's, so you also have to look at how fast the fan is at max. The quiet one might be a 1200RPM max fan while the louder one is 2000RPM max, for instance. That means getting the 'quieter' fan can make you loose out on better cooling potential at maximum thermal load.

That's an important distinction since you are using the unequalled thermal capacity of water to absorb heat from the CPU so you don't need to run fans at high RPM's in most situations. Even at an extreme heavy processing load it can take upwards of two hours before the liquid thermally saturates so only then should the radiator fans have to speed up to high RPM's to cool the liquid back down. Playing games rarely puts such a heavy thermal load on CPU's so you should be safe running radiator fans quietly, at low RPM's, most of the time and you should adjust fan speeds accordingly.

That's the way an AIO works, it's different from using air cooling where the heatsink, being almost all metal, thermally saturates almost instantly so the fans have to kick it up to shed heat just as quickly. Most people don't appreciate the difference and so miss out on how to exploit the benefit of liquid cooling. It's also why you have to look at better than the average cooler reviews. GamersNexus provides noise normalized reviews that are pretty good.

Last edited:

memmeeyee

Commendable
Nov 16, 2017
Don't be confused about one fan being louder as that's usually only true at max RPM's, so you also have to look at how fast the fan is at max. The quiet one might be a 1200RPM max fan while the louder one is 2000RPM max, for instance. That means getting the 'quieter' fan can make you loose out on better cooling potential at maximum thermal load.

That's an important distinction since you are using the unequalled thermal capacity of water to absorb heat from the CPU so you don't need to run fans at high RPM's in most situations. Even at an extreme heavy processing load it can take upwards of two hours before the liquid thermally saturates so only then should the radiator fans have to speed up to high RPM's to cool the liquid back down. Playing games rarely puts such a heavy thermal load on CPU's so you should be safe running radiator fans quietly, at low RPM's, most of the time and you should adjust fan speeds accordingly.

That's the way an AIO works, it's different from using air cooling where the heatsink, being almost all metal, thermally saturates almost instantly so the fans have to kick it up to shed heat just as quickly. Most people don't appreciate the difference and so miss out on how to exploit the benefit of liquid cooling. It's also why you have to look at better than the average cooler reviews. GamersNexus provides noise normalized reviews that are pretty good.
My FE card runs at 3000 RPM constant at idle. At this point i dont care which type of AIO i get it, as long as its 120mm and supports a kraken g12, it will always be better for my gpu and better than the blower heatsink.

TRENDING THREADS