Aug 10, 2019
I was not able to find Dark Rock Pro 3 or Shadow Rock 2 in Brazil, and shipping is too expensive, Noctua coolers are more expensive here as well, so I found some chinese air coolers on AliExpress, but I don't know if I can trust them, just in case, my CPU is a Ryzen 2600X and my case is a Sharkoon TG5

Alseye H120D
https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/3299...chweb0_0,searchweb201602_6,searchweb201603_52

Aigo Darkflash L6
https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/3296...chweb0_0,searchweb201602_6,searchweb201603_52

Solution
Not all coolers are the same.
Despite the obvious that regardless of manufacturing, if the surface area is big, with enough heatpipes it will perform as such. A great deal to make it better is how the heatpipes are attached to the die, and the fins. Some cheap ones are just stamped Al sheet with thin tabs to space the fins. Poor thermal conection
Others stamp the fin with a compresion fit over a flange of the fin itself, so the heatpipe is in a adequate thermal connection.
Proper heat exchangers have soldered or brazed coonection with the fins (but i've never seen this in most cpu coolers, especially chinese ones. Soldering to a heatpipe is hard since the pipe may burst and leak the water inside rendering it useless. The crimps on the...
Both, specially first one look like very good coolers. Things that define a CPU cooler are number of cooling pipes, size of cooler body and number and size of fan(s).
Any coolers with those same characteristics will be within couple of degrees from each other cooling wise. Fan quality is determining factor in noise and longevity.

Aug 10, 2019
Both, specially first one look like very good coolers. Things that define a CPU cooler are number of cooling pipes, size of cooler body and number and size of fan(s).
Any coolers with those same characteristics will be within couple of degrees from each other cooling wise. Fan quality is determining factor in noise and longevity.

Actually, I couldn't find any cooler with 2 or more fans of 120mm, all of them are 90mm, actually I did find one with 6 cooling pipes that support 3 120mm fans, the problem is that it do not come with the fans and I have to buy them separately, thank you a lot for helping me!!

Azzyasi

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
Not all coolers are the same.
Despite the obvious that regardless of manufacturing, if the surface area is big, with enough heatpipes it will perform as such. A great deal to make it better is how the heatpipes are attached to the die, and the fins. Some cheap ones are just stamped Al sheet with thin tabs to space the fins. Poor thermal conection
Others stamp the fin with a compresion fit over a flange of the fin itself, so the heatpipe is in a adequate thermal connection.
Proper heat exchangers have soldered or brazed coonection with the fins (but i've never seen this in most cpu coolers, especially chinese ones. Soldering to a heatpipe is hard since the pipe may burst and leak the water inside rendering it useless. The crimps on the heatpipes are good for like 100 degreesC but not 300-400 C needed for soldering. so maybe this is a good reason not to solder them.)

Anyway, after fumbling with a coolers from aliexpress on dirt cheap money, i see decent performance but lower compared to similar sized cooler from a namebrand. Generaly are made to look big but with wide gap between fins, not the best connection to the pipes, not the best mounting hardware. In fact mounting the crappy plastic shroud on the mb and attaching that two point clip is pretty flimsy and poor in both durability (looks like bendy-breaky) and mounting pressure. And most i've seen are on the small size coolers to begin with.

So they are cheap for a reason. you get what you pay.

If you want to look at better coolers that are not so pricey like noctua, i'd suggest looking at Scyte Mugen/Ninja and other variants from them. It's a solid brand that made a name for themselves and QC is far superior in Japan to any unheard brands from aliexpress china. I still have 1 ninja, and 2 mugen rev1 and are in the premium aircooling teritory (idk about mugen 5 sold today but check the reviews and tests). I found them to be on the cheap side competing with pricer coolers.

But to be honest, I got a bunch of aliexpress coolers for making custom cooling on various electronics (amps, chipset, old computers that needed a cpu cooler, etc) they work but don't expect to get anything more than you pay for.

Last edited:
Solution