Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 2, 2020
Hi Guys, I'm new to desktop building and I wish to build a completely new gaming desktop. I'm not that good at desktop building but I went online to look for some tips.
Question 1) I picked my own pc parts, but I'm not sure if it fits in either the case or the motherboard. Can i get some help with it? These are the parts i chosen:

MotherBoard: MSI MEG Z390 GODLIKE LGA1151: S$829.50
CPU: INTEL CORE I9-9900K: S$848.00
Ram: HyperX Predator DDR4 (2x8gb) 4600MHz: S$802.81
System Cooling: Hydro Series™ H115i RGB PLATINUM 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler:
S$249.00
Graphics Card: GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER™ GAMING TRIO: S$1062
Power Supply: CORSAIR RM850X 850 WATT 80+ GOLD CERTIFIED FULLY MODULAR PSU: S$219
Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 1TB: S$389
Seagate FireCuda 2TB 2.5inch Internal Hard Drive ST2000LX001 SSHD: S$159
Case: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P ATX Full Tower Case: S$469
Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q Gaming Monitor: S$1199
Speaker: Z313 SPEAKER SYSTEM WITH SUBWOOFER: S$59

Question 2)There are 4 memory slots in the motherboard. Can i put 4x8gb of HyperX Predator and put it inside? Will it burn the motherboard or something?

If i need to add anything, can someone help me with it? Thank you a lot.[/color]

Last edited:
everything is compatible. and that is a fairly large case so everything should fit.

if going with four RAM sticks buy a kit of 4, not two kits of 2.
you never know if different kits will be compatible even if they are the same brand, model, speeds, etc.

just be sure you have at least 5 fan ports on that motherboard or a fan controller available(either as part of case or from a 3rd party). so far you've got 4x 4pin case fans and the radiator, that's 5 ports used.

Mar 2, 2020
everything is compatible. and that is a fairly large case so everything should fit.

if going with four RAM sticks buy a kit of 4, not two kits of 2.
you never know if different kits will be compatible even if they are the same brand, model, speeds, etc.

just be sure you have at least 5 fan ports on that motherboard or a fan controller available(either as part of case or from a 3rd party). so far you've got 4x 4pin case fans and the radiator, that's 5 ports used.
So everything is fine for me? Just that i need to buy kit of 4 and not 2 right? Sorry, I'm just starting to learn how to build.

Yeah, that will be just fine.

One more thing. Since you already have SSD for a system drive, the other drive will be mainly for storage. It does not need to be of SSHD type, a regular HDD will do just fine. Moreover, you can get more capacity with regular HDD for the same price, which will be more beneficial overall.

Reactions: NoRageNR
Status
Not open for further replies.