[SOLVED] Is This an Adequate Budget Build?

Apr 7, 2020
Hello forum browsers and PC intellectuals, I'm coming here for first time, $600 budget build advice. This computer will be used primarily for photo editing and low key video gaming. I don't play any AAA titles or anything, just steam games, and the occasional Overwatch. On the other hand, ill be using this to edit photos uploaded from my camera, but anything else will just be everyday typical use. Part are as follows,

CPU-AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
Motherboard-Asus TUF B450
Ram-G.SKILL Ripjaws V 2x8gb DDR4
GPU-AMD Radeon RX 570
SSD-Crucial P1 500gb NVMe
PSU-Corsair CX550M 80 plus bronze
Case-Corsair Carbide Series 100r

Again, this is my first time building a PC, and I'm not very knowledgeable on this subject, but am definitely eager. please give me any advice/criticism you can, much appreciated!

Reactions: Fallen Angel
Solution
I'll just throw this out there with the assumption of you living in the USA and not having any of the parts yet.
PCPartPicker Part List

Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($83.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory ($84.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($109.99 @ B&H)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon RX 570 4 GB GAMING Video Card ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Focus G ATX Mid Tower Case ($56.87 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12III 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($54.99 @ B&H)
Custom: Ryzen 5 1600AF 6-Core 12-Thread...

IDProG

Distinguished
Hello forum browsers and PC intellectuals, I'm coming here for first time, $600 budget build advice. This computer will be used primarily for photo editing and low key video gaming. I don't play any AAA titles or anything, just steam games, and the occasional Overwatch. On the other hand, ill be using this to edit photos uploaded from my camera, but anything else will just be everyday typical use. Part are as follows,

CPU-AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
Motherboard-Asus TUF B450
Ram-G.SKILL Ripjaws V 2x8gb DDR4
GPU-AMD Radeon RX 570
SSD-Crucial P1 500gb NVMe
PSU-Corsair CX550M 80 plus bronze
Case-Corsair Carbide Series 100r

Again, this is my first time building a PC, and I'm not very knowledgeable on this subject, but am definitely eager. please give me any advice/criticism you can, much appreciated!
100R is not a bad case. But, it's too old for current days.
There are lots of good cases that are much better than 100R (both in looks and airflow), while having the same or a little higher price.

Here are some of the examples:

1. Fractal Design Meshify C
  2. Phanteks Eclipse P300A

Reactions: PeeSeeNoob

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
If looking for a better case than the 100R, and on a budget, then I suggest the Fractal Design Focus G.
Good on airflow and comes with two fans already installed that you can configure to be one at front and one at rear.

However, if you haven't purchased any of these components yet, maybe tell us your country so we can offer alternative part choices for the budget if you want.

Othewise, without thinking about the cost/performance ratio and overall budget for the build, the parts themselves are fine and should work together to do what you want more or less.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
I'll just throw this out there with the assumption of you living in the USA and not having any of the parts yet.
PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: SeaSonic S12III 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($54.99 @ B&H)
Custom: Ryzen 5 1600AF 6-Core 12-Thread ($85.00)
Total: $595.81
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-08 01:15 EDT-0400

The Ryzen 5 1600 AF isn't listed on PCPP, but it's a refresh of the 1600 using Zen2 architecture and can be had on Amazon for $85.

There's a link to it you can copy/paste if you go to the PCPP list and click on the part.

P.S. - Because the refreshed 1600 is built on Zen2, you need a motherboard with an updated BIOS out of the box to support it, that's why I chose the MAX series from MSI.
The MAX series comes with updated BIOS out of the box, and also MSI series are the better made B450 boards so that's a little bonus.

Solution
Apr 7, 2020
If looking for a better case than the 100R, and on a budget, then I suggest the Fractal Design Focus G.
Good on airflow and comes with two fans already installed that you can configure to be one at front and one at rear.

However, if you haven't purchased any of these components yet, maybe tell us your country so we can offer alternative part choices for the budget if you want.

Othewise, without thinking about the cost/performance ratio and overall budget for the build, the parts themselves are fine and should work together to do what you want more or less.
Thanks for the case suggestion, looks a lot better than the 100r, and very affordable! I live in the US by the way

Apr 7, 2020
PCPartPicker Part List

Custom: Ryzen 5 1600AF 6-Core 12-Thread ($85.00)
Total: $595.81
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-08 01:15 EDT-0400

The Ryzen 5 1600 AF isn't listed on PCPP, but it's a refresh of the 1600 using Zen2 architecture and can be had on Amazon for $85.

There's a link to it you can copy/paste if you go to the PCPP list and click on the part.

P.S. - Because the refreshed 1600 is built on Zen2, you need a motherboard with an updated BIOS out of the box to support it, that's why I chose the MAX series from MSI.
The MAX series comes with updated BIOS out of the box, and also MSI series are the better made B450 boards so that's a little bonus.
Thanks for the parts list and the info, good stuff to know. I haven’t bought any parts yet, so this is definitely useful!