[SOLVED] Is this an IPS LCD Screen defect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 10, 2020
Hi, I recently received a system for my car which uses a smartphone (Was not cheap 😬). It arrived with what looks like a defect but the company's support say it was damaged in shipping and their quality control are not at fault (Which could be true). The box was in perfect condition and had heaps of foam padding around the device. It has an IPS LCD display. Does this look like shipping damage or a manufacturing defect? Surely if it was shipping damage it should still hold up to a few knocks in its packaging as a smartphone device? Thanks in advance.
N5NJZss.jpg
RftKM5I.jpg
GX174k5.jpg

Reactions: Benjamin22044
Solution
Those black lines, no way to know when it happened. If the system was packaged well and the box was in perfect shape I don't see how it can be damage during shipping. Usually display damage does not look like this, it's usually more like a snowflake look with random lines and cracks or a sharp straight line, not something that looks like a marker drew it.

To me it looks a bit like whatever material they used around the screen got pushed down into the display, if you look at it, they all come down from the top and about the same thickness as the black bezel area.
Those black lines, no way to know when it happened. If the system was packaged well and the box was in perfect shape I don't see how it can be damage during shipping. Usually display damage does not look like this, it's usually more like a snowflake look with random lines and cracks or a sharp straight line, not something that looks like a marker drew it.

To me it looks a bit like whatever material they used around the screen got pushed down into the display, if you look at it, they all come down from the top and about the same thickness as the black bezel area.

Solution
Aug 10, 2020
Yep, thanks guys that's exactly what it would be. After closer inspection, there is light bleed along that edge where the screen glass meets the aluminum body. So it must be the gasket material. The unit was fully assembled by the factory. Is it fair to say that they should be paying to get it shipped back to them for a replacement unit, as well as import tax costs if they are applied for the new unit? Cheers.

Reactions: Benjamin22044

Benjamin22044

Great
BANNED
Aug 17, 2020
Looks like a manufacturing defect because such issues would rarely arise due to shipping issues. Maybe you should try to get back to the shop you purchased this, or visit the service center. These things go worse in future with usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS