Is this an OK build? (Gaming)

Jul 13, 2018
First of all I'd like to say I'm pretty new to PC-building, know the general and basic knowledge. Eventough I would still like some help, thats why I'm asking anyone reading this thread to help me with my PC. I'm looking at running games like Rainbow Six Siege on a solid 60fps. I'm trying to keep it a bit at budget (~€900), feel free to tell me about things you would(n't) agree with in this build and if you have any other suggestions.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G, 3,5GHz; 3,7GHz Turbo Boost
Cooling: Cooler Master; Masterliquid ML240L RGB (Watercooled)
Motherboard: ASRock AB350 PRO4, AM4
RAM: HyperX 8GB DDR4-2666 (Two 4GB module)
GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Powersupply: Sharkoon WPM 600 Bronze, 600-Watt
NZXT S340 Tower; €70
WD Blue, 1TB HDD; €40

I'm not sure wheter I should start with one 8GB ram stick and maybe buy a second one later on or immediately with two 4GB and keep it like that. Should 8GB be enough or is 16GB a must?

Thanks in advance for taking your time in reading this thread and helping me for solutions and suggestions.

Solution
The guys above have some good points.

The ROG version of the 1060 is overpriced.

PSU has to be better.

Where are you from? The partlist below is in Germany.

Here:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor (€172.84 @ Mindfactory)
Motherboard: MSI - X470 GAMING PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard (€137.46 @ Mindfactory)
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory (€152.74 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Storage: Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (€39.40 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Video Card: Palit - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB Dual Video Card (€274.99 @ Alternate)...

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Good budget build. Built several similar to that myself. In fact, the mATX version of that board is one I have now with a 2200G. Stay with matched pairs of RAM if you can. Since you have 4 x DIMM slots, go with 2 x 4GB now and upgrade when you can. 8GB is fine for gaming. But marginal if you plan on having a lot of stuff going on in the background while gaming. But with the 2200g, that may not be a good idea anyway (depending on the game).

Yeah as said above, I'd get a better CPU for not much more money. Also, you need to take into consideration that today's games, and those going forward, are more and more recommending 16GB of memory with 8GB being the minimum specs. For maximum quality settings anyway. About every four years PC memory needs double in applications and games. And we're about on the tail end of four years now with 8GB being the mainstream average for a PC build. If you wanted to upgrade down the road, buying a second pair of memory is strongly discouraged as they are not guaranteed to work with your current memory - even the exact same model. You'd need to sell your memory and then buy 2x 8GB modules down the road. So keep that in mind as well. I don't see DRAM prices dropping any time soon either, so if your budget can only do 8GB, it is what it is.

Excellent point. I glossed over the cooler. Yeah with Ryzen, you are wasting your money on a high end cooler (air or water) because they don't overclock well. A $25 (USD) the Cryorig H7 will do the job just fine maximizing a Ryzen, any Ryzen, at 4.1GHz on all cores as a base clock. They don't go above that without extreme cooling and silicon lottery winning based on reviews I've seen. Anyway, I would not even think about doing a new build today without 16GB memory being part of it.

The guys above have some good points.

The ROG version of the 1060 is overpriced.

PSU has to be better.

Where are you from? The partlist below is in Germany.

Here:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor (€172.84 @ Mindfactory)
Motherboard: MSI - X470 GAMING PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard (€137.46 @ Mindfactory)
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory (€152.74 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Storage: Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (€39.40 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Video Card: Palit - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB Dual Video Card (€274.99 @ Alternate)
Case: Cooler Master - MasterBox Lite 5 ATX Mid Tower Case (€45.98 @ Alternate)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (€81.33 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Total: €904.74
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-07-14 14:07 CEST+0200

Slightly over. But:
- Better CPU.

- More and Faster RAM.

- Better PSU.

Solution