isharted

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2009
Hi all, I am new to building computers and would love to build one in the future, but for now I just love gaming and I have about $1000 to spend (this includes a monitor) for a prebuilt unit. I am really just looking for some good components so that I can play games currently and about 1-2 years out with options to expand later for more $. This is what I can up with so far, I know you probably get alot of these questions, but can someone tell me if this is decent and what would be a mandatory improvement? thanks I really appreciate the feedback.

Here is the build from cyberpower

Apevia X-Dreamer 3 Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ Side-Panel Window & Temperature Display [-6] (Black Color with Blue Ring & Blue LED Fan)

Extra Case Fan Upgrade: Default case fans

Noise Reduction Technology: None

Power Supply Upgrade: 700 Watts Power Supplies [+36] (SLI/CrossFire Ready Power Supply)

CPU: AMD Athlon™II X4 620 Quad-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology
Freebies: None

Cooling Fan: AMD ATHLON64 CERTIFIED CPU FAN & HEATSINK

Motherboard: Asus M4A78T-E AM3 DDR3 790GX Chipset CrossFireX Technology SATA RAID MB w/Integrated ATi Graphic,HDMI,GbLAN,USB2.0,IEEE1394,&7.1Audio [+68]

Memory: 4GB (2GBx2) PC1333 DDR3 PC3 10666 Dual Channel Memory [+44] (Corsair or Major Brand)

Freebies: None

Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5750 1GB DDR5 16X PCIe Video Card [DirectX 11 Support] [+105] (Major Brand Powered by ATI)

Video Card 2: None

Dedicated PHYSX Card: None

Free Game: None

Multiple Video Card Settings: Xtreme Performance in SLI/CrossFireX Gaming Mode Supports Single Monitor

LCD Monitor: 24" LCD - Asus VH242H Wide Screen TFT Active Matrix LCD Display (Black) - Fall Special [+199]

2nd Monitor: None

Hard Drive: Single Hard Drive (500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [+10])

Data Hard Drive: None

Hard Drive Cooling Fan: None

USB Portable Drive: None

Optical Drive: LG 22X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Dual Layer Drive (BLACK COLOR)

Optical Drive 2: None

Sound: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

Speakers: 600Watts PMPO Subwoofer Stereo Speakers

Network: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network

Modem: None

Mega Notebook/Netbook/Server Bundle: None

Keyboard: Xtreme Gear (Black Color) Multimedia/Internet USB Keyboard

Mouse: XtremeGear Optical USB 3 Buttons Gaming Mouse

Gaming Gear: None

Extra Thermal Display: None

Wireless 802.11B/G Network Card: None

External Wireless Network Card: None

Wireless 802.11 B/G/N Access Point: None

Bluetooth: None

Flash Media Reader/Writer: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)

Video Camera: None
Headset: None
Printer: None
Printer Cable: None
Power Protection: None
IEEE1394 Card: None
USB Port: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
Floppy: None
Operating System: None - FORMAT HARD DRIVE ONLY
Media Center Remote Control & TV Tuner: None
Office Suite: None
Ultra Care Option: None
Service: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
Rush Service: NO; READY TO SHIP IN 5~10 BUSINESS DAYS

isharted

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2009
Hi Saint, thank you for your reply. It comes up to about $900 with the monitor. I really want to get into building one but I was planning on getting a pc with my tax return and knowing myself, the components would be out of date by the time I learned how to put it together ;)

----------------

I think that with $900 you can build a better rig yourself. IMO is a little expensive for the parts that have. Th good point is the warranty, but how i said, IMO is a little expensive.

Well if I get almost the exact system on Newegg, I'm at about $880. Now mind you I would be getting a known PSU (Antec 500w Earthwatts), which is probably better than the one in the Apevia case, probably much better RAM set, and probably a better HD than the one listed.
You have to remember that there is NO OS included in your selections. I'm not sure that you intended it or not, but that is what you selected.

It's up to you, but personally I'd rather build my own system. Mainly because I get to select my parts and I also get the knowledge in building the system. This will help you out later when you need to troubleshoot your or someone else's computer.

Frigenchigen

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2009
It is very simple to build a PC. Do some research. I build my first PC and everything worked on the first boot. Before I build it I did know how to install other components like DVD drive and HDD and GPU. The other parts are also pretty easy. Just start with Mobo and CPU. Then go from there. Put your RAM. Then put your CPU paste and heatsink. That is usually what I put and then I just install the mobo in the case. But you must also prep the case. Screw PSU in and put ur HDD and DVD drive in. Connect cables to it so then you can put them easily into the mobo. Then screw your mobo in the case and connect CPU power, Mobo power, HDD power, DVD power, and all other power and cables. Then install your GPU. The only reason I installed the GPU last was because my Sapphire 5970 makes it much harder to install cables such as Sata cables. Then hook up your power to GPU.
Now that might seem like a lot but trust me it's simple after doing some research. This is just a basic little guide I made to show you an overview.