Is this an okay Laptop for my Dad?

Hi Community

Laptop: https://www.amazon.co.uk/HP-17-3-Inch-Notebook-AMD-Windows/dp/B00YUBG3ZQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1473851642&sr=1-1&keywords=HP+17.3-Inch+Laptop

My Dad's 50th birthday is soon, I was thinking of building him a pc at first but that's to expensive right now to get gaming power he would like. So I decided to get him a better laptop instead as he currently has a very old dual core, 4GB RAM, GT SLI'd vista laptop by Medion (back in the dead it could play assassins creed 1)

Dad has poor eyesight sadly (has glasses) so I think the bigger screen (his currently laptops screen has started flickering) will help a lot also this laptop has 4 cores and it has a total of 8GB's of RAM compares to his old laptops one stick of 4GB. He mostly uses the laptop to browse the web and to play old puzzle games such as a Myst, monkey island & so on.

Is this a good bargain then?
(also their is a refurbished one for half price on Amazon, I have contacted seller for more details)

Cheers!

Solution
Yeah, its pretty hard to beat the HP for the price. I suggest the Lenovo because of the APU. so hope it all works out and you get your dad an awesome laptop.:)
The screen size, resolution and RAM size are the most important selling points for me if I'm going to get a laptop for my Dad really as his current laptop just fills up its RAM very quickly and the screen isn't any good for him anymore and the pc is just so slow now.

I will probably go for the HP one if the half price one stays on otherwise i'll go for the one you suggested.

Just wondering where could I buy an extra 4GB to stick into the Lenovo one you suggested?

torrex112

Commendable
Sep 13, 2016
Yeah, its pretty hard to beat the HP for the price. I suggest the Lenovo because of the APU. so hope it all works out and you get your dad an awesome laptop.:)

Solution