Is this "artificating"? Did I damage my GPU?

hustleking

Reputable
Nov 8, 2017
Ok so I have a 10% OC on my radeon rx 480 gaming x. Ive only had it for a few days and its ran the game I've been playing just fine (TCGR: Wildlands) with slightly better fps than before the OC, exactly what I expected. As of today its glitching out and crashing constantly..I am using MSI afterburner to monitor everything, temps stay below 65c. Shortly AFTER this problem started I updated the driver but it did not fix the problem. I have tried removing the OC but the game still crashes in the exact same manner. Does this mean its the game or that I already damaged my GPU? I have noticed that the voltages don't go up to where I set them in afterburner and the watts fluctuate a lot, usually they are 115-120 but then they will drop to 85-90 and my fps will go down. my cpu usage stays around 60% or below so IDK.

https://youtu.be/BB9BJ1h8mxc (a video of the game crashing.)

Asus 970 pro gaming/aura
Fx 8350 black
Radeon rx 480 gaming x
16gb kingston hyper x
Corsair cx750

hustleking

Reputable
Nov 8, 2017
No I just tested that last night, its only during Wildlands. however, that seems to be the most gpu intensive game I currently have. I have also noticed that the voltages don't seem to go as high as I set them. Using afterburner I moved the slider to +50mv, this should put the voltages for the max state (which I set at 1390mhz) at 1.2v. According to the OSD (rivatuner, afterburner) it fluctuates constantly, even though the core clock stays steady at 1390, but never gets higher than 1.186v. The wattages also fluctuate a lot, going from 110-120ish watts down to 80-90 watts, while staying at 1390mhz and nothing different happening in the game (it happens sometimes whether I'm standing still, running or in combat, not due to a pause or a break in the action or anything), is this normal?

TRENDING THREADS