Question Is this budget PSU reliable ? Super Flower Leadex III Bronze PRO 650W 80+ Bronze

feufeu

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2013
I'm doing a budget-friendly cpu / gpu / ram / motherboard upgrade for an 11 years old pc and I bought everything locally except a PSU because I initially wanted to keep the old one(an Antec 650w bronze). I had a 15$ newegg gift card to use and I decided to use it for a new PSU. I came across this Super Flower unit for 50$ canadian dollars and I bought it because it seemed to be a good deal and I remember someone telling me a long time ago that this brand was making solid power supplies.

It's currently shipping to my house and I got worried a little when someone mentioned to me that this PSU has no real reviews even though it seems to be listed as Tier B and the model is very similar to the EVGA B3 (which had oop issues it seems like).

Am I worrying too much or should I pay the restocking fees and order something with more reviews and testing?

I couldn't find the Bronze review either. But knowing Super Flower and its track record, atleast they are not as bad as some others out there. The Gold unit has some good reviews. This one, I would not say its as good, but it should not be the worst either.

feufeu

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2013
Thanks for the replies, I have 2 more questions about this power supply.

Every modular psu seems to have 28pin to 24pin for the MB but this one only has 27 to 24.
Is this something to be worried about?

unknown.png

In the picture below, does the last number indicate 650w continous power?

QBEUifu.jpeg

credit to NightHawkRMX for the picture.