Is this Build allright?

Kok___

Prominent
Apr 24, 2017
Hey Guys

I need a new PC and i already found all the Stuff i need. Just want to make sure everyting is allright, so im asking you guys to plz check it out

MoBo: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X
CPU-Cooler: be quiet! Pure Rock
Graphicscard; GTX 1080 ti MSI Gaming
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite DIMM Kit 16GB
PSU: be quiet! Straight Power 10-CM 500W ATX 2.4

Kok___

Prominent
Apr 24, 2017

I already have a HDD and SSD from my old PC, the ram has 2666 MHz. And yeah probably 90% Gaming (Ultra Wide Screen or 4k, not 100% sure about this)

Atomicdonut17

Reputable
Feb 4, 2017

4k is grueling, but this system can handle it well. Your GPU and CPU work well together, so there shouldn't be any issues. And 2666MHz is a sweet spot for RAM, so everything should go well.

Kok___

Prominent
Apr 24, 2017

Ahh thx for letting me know, but i didnt mess arround with overclocking RAM. Just know how to do it with CPUs :p

Ahh awsome Thanks for the Help!!

Given the cost of the PSU ($110 is the price I found). I would buy a Corsair RM650x instead. You get a Tier 1 PSU instead of Tier 2. You get a 10 year warranty instead of 5 Year. You get 650w instead of 500w.
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Rp8H99/corsair-power-supply-cp9020091na

CPU: If you plan to overclock. Buy the Ryzen R7 1700 instead. The average max OC is the same at the same voltage and they have the same performance per Ghz. Given the lower stock TDP and average OC results. All appearances point to the 1700 and 1700x being the exact same chip with a different factory voltage and multiplier.

CPU Cooler: Put the money you save into a better cooler. The Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 is quieter and cools much better.

RAM: What speed? The ASRock Fatal1ty tops out at 3000mhz memory overclock. If faster look at getting the ASRock Taichi X370 it will do 3200mhz. Nevermind you updated while I was writing.

Kok___

Prominent
Apr 24, 2017

Thanks for the Informations!!!

The other PSU looks really great, i didnt order a PSU yet so ill get thise one instead thanks!

Yep i plan to OC the CPU but sadly i already orderd the Ryzen 1700x last Week, i didnt do my research well enough but still thx

CPU Cooler: I just want to buy a Random Cooler that is pretty quite because i dont plan to OC until my Warranity runs out, but maybe i should just buy a good cooler right now you are right

I actually dont plan to oc Ram because i dont know how to do it, but same goes for the MoBo already orderd :/
But do i get a advantage in Games with faster RAM?

^ faster ram in games ?? Not a massive amount mate , there's a fairly big increase from 2133 up to 2933 but at 2666 you're right in the middle anyway.
The ballistix is good ram anyway , I got the 2400 sticks running at 2933 with very little trouble .
At their standard 2666 they are going to be good enough performance wise anyway.

Cooler ?? A lot of ryzen builds have been non YouTube & overclocked with the new 212 led turbo.
62-65c under under 100% load at 4ghz is a good result & it has to be said that cooler is an absolute stunner in the looks department - interchangeable red/black heatsink top caps & red led fans.

http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/cpu-air-cooler/hyper-212-led-turbo/

You need to buy a cooler. The 1700x does not include one. Only the 1700 does.

Kok___

Prominent
Apr 24, 2017

Thanks for the Cooler Recom. this one would fit great into my System because everything else is already Red!

TRENDING THREADS