Is this build any good?

mrgoodtouches

Reputable
Jan 5, 2015
OK so I'm upgrading my pc quite a bit so here will be my build/upgrade

CPU: i7 4790k 4.0ghz

GPU: gigabyte g1 gtx 970 or a msi gtx 970 haven't decided so if u could tell me wich is better be realy awesome

CASE: a corsair 750D now I'm not totally set on this case I want something that is big but not like 400$

Mobo: msi z97 gaming7

RAM: 8gb gskill sniper

power supply: corsair cx 750 modular I realy like the modular cause I hate dealing with extra wires but would sacrifice if there was a higher watt for around the same price

So that's about it I am going to do a custom water cooling loop and idk what parts are good this will be my first time water cooling. Also just some other things to point out I will be doing OC and SLI the SLI later down the road. So is this a good build? And how easy will it be to water cool I'm all about getting the cleanest look through the window

Demosthenest

Admirable
I assume this is for gaming. i7 is overkill, mobo is overkill. Psu is bad quality.
I would get an i5 4690k and an Asrock Extreme 3. Psu: evga b2 750w.
Custom watercooling is pretty unnecessary atm, I would get a big hefty aircooler like the noctua nhd14 and watercool the gpu with a closed loop, an all in one. Or do both with closed loop watercoolers. You have to realise custom watercooling is dagerous and will require maintenance.

mrgoodtouches

Reputable
Jan 5, 2015
Alright Atm I have the i7 4790k and my mobo is the asrock z97 extreme4 I don't really like it. And I think I'll stick with the msi mobo it's not that much more and will fit my color scheme. Water cooling I think what u said will be best. I don't really have the money that if I would screw up I wouldint be able to replace anything. When u say all in one do u mean the pump in the res? Or like a closed CPU and GPU in one loop?

mrgoodtouches

Reputable
Jan 5, 2015
Yeah and I may not water cool my GPU. I don't really want to remove the cooler on either the msi or the gigabyte both look pretty sick. Just ur opinion wich would u get the gigabyte g1 gtx 970? Or the msi gtx 970? Both I think OC pretty good