Is this build compatible?

aleksapro123

Honorable
Aug 16, 2013
Just looking to upgrade my system, specifically the CPU and MB, everything else on this list:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/bWYDhq
- i already own, apart from ddr4 RAM too
Is everything on this list compatible with each other?
Also can i reach 4.5Ghz on this MB with the hyper 212 evo?

NOTE: the ssd is not the exact model but it's a kingston 120gb and i also have a 1.5tb hdd, but i dont think that matters.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Doubtful you'll get 4.5GHz. That board is bottom of the barrel. Can't get much cheaper. There's no heatsinks on the VRM's around the socket, so voltages will be an issue at higher OC. For a good chance at that high OC you'll need a board with good heatsinks. It's the only way you'll keep the mobo temps down and allow for stability.
Yes, the hyper212 will fit in the case.
No, the psu isn't very good, but it'll work.

G

Build works fine and looks very nice to. Im not to sure if you will get the 4.5ghz but apart from that all is fine i recommend a different psu, maybe a 650w super nova and maybe in the future upgrade to 16gb of ram. If you were to get a other motherboard ad that one isnt to great i would recommenced a asus z170-p or a z170 skylake pro gaming. The -p doesn't cost much more however the pro gaming is the one id recomend

aleksapro123

Honorable
Aug 16, 2013

Do you think i should maybe go with a non z170 motherboard (like a cheap h110 mobo) and a 6700(non k) instead?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
If you want to OC, you'll need a cpu and mobo for OC. If you don't want to OC, anything works. But, if you do want to OC, you'll need to decide just how high you are looking at,and probably bump the cpu/mobo budget to match. But understand, the H110 boards don't have the advanced audio, lan, dual M.2 slots etc that the H*70/Z"70 boards do.

aleksapro123

Honorable
Aug 16, 2013

Yeah i know that obv, but my question was, with my setup and the "limited" oc-ing i can do with this mobo, psu, is it gonna be better or worse performance wise compared to a obviously stock i7 6700 on a cheap mobo..

aleksapro123

Honorable
Aug 16, 2013

If i had money for an i7 7700 i wouldnt mention an i7 6700, now would i....

aleksapro123

Honorable
Aug 16, 2013

You seem to assume every country has the same prices for tech, now whos the childish one.