Is this build future proofed and what shall I consider buying now.

tothergnome

Respectable
Mar 27, 2016
I want to build a new build part by part. http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/njyh6h. I have a few years to build this. Currently I have £50. What should I buy first and last? Will any components be out of date by the time I finish the build? Thanks.

Solution
Buy first: Case, Power Supply, Motherboard, CPU, RAM, Storage devices, graphics card, Operating system
Buy last:

You never want to piecemeal a system together as you have no way of knowing if a part is defective. Save your money until you can afford the entire PC.

-Wolf sends

P.S. There's no such thing as "future proofing" in the PC world. Technology moves too fast.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Buy first: Case, Power Supply, Motherboard, CPU, RAM, Storage devices, graphics card, Operating system
Buy last:

You never want to piecemeal a system together as you have no way of knowing if a part is defective. Save your money until you can afford the entire PC.

-Wolf sends

P.S. There's no such thing as "future proofing" in the PC world. Technology moves too fast.

Solution

huvik

Reputable
Apr 27, 2015
I would highly suggest just buying a lot cheaper/lower end parts. because if it takes you "a few years to build this" then you are paying extremely high prices for top of the line parts, that wont be top of the line when you actually use it.

TbsToy

Reputable
Oct 19, 2015
There is no such thing as future proofing anything because we can't see what the future will bring. Save your money and buy and build at that time for what you are doing then.
W.P.

tothergnome

Respectable
Mar 27, 2016
Thank you. I'm just going to hope that the Pascal Cards are really good. I'm just so excited to leave the PS4 race and join the glorious PC race. I'm just so sick of paying 50 pounds on games which all I really get is 1080P@30fps.