Is this build good for a beginner PC Gamer?

Armos

Commendable
Sep 23, 2016
Hey guys, I wanted some input on this gaming rig for a newbie PC gamer. I went to Microcenter and asked one of the employees to see if I can get a budget on a gaming PC. The guy was really nice and pointed me in the right direction. I'm buying the parts one at a time. And I don't know what I should do because I'm really confused if I'd be happy with what I have or not. I've been going onto YouTube to see what games this PC can run, and it seems like it runs games pretty well. Life is Strange, Life is Strange Beyond the Storm, Skyrim, Far Cry, Even RE7 on max settings. I really need someones advice here before I go insane. lol And it even plays Final Fantasy XV pretty decent too. The sepcs I have that I'm getting are.

A Ryzen 2400g apu
Gigabyte ab350m-dsh mobo this mobo can hold up to 64gigs and is 4k and VR ready its Micro mobo too
Ballistix sport 8gb
Windows 10 64bit
p300 1TB HDD
Powerspec 550w

I wanted to know if this will be beneficial for me especially all the videos I've been looking up. I've also done some research on the Ryzen Processors. Especially this one the 2400g since it's got a built in Graphics card in it already. Now I have an odd question. is it possible to add another graphics card with this one or will it bottle neck it? And I wanted to do VR too since my bro is getting a Windows mixed reality headset but I don't know if I can do it or not. I wanted to test some games in VR. Because I am not aware if the Ryzen 5 2400g is VR ready or not. I don't know much information about it. But I do know that I can play some games in mid-high range from it. Which doesn't seem that bad. Now my question is. Can I play some mods on this PC? Like if I upgraded to 16gigs or 32gigs. Can I play Skyrim mods? Or mods on Minecraft, and other games? Just wanted to make sure is all. And does anyone know if this apu can handle Dragonball Xenoverse 2? I really want to play this game bad. Thank you. :) Sorry for the long post. I got some money saved up so I'll be buying some parts soon. And can you add a VR graphics card with the Ryzen 2400g? Or would it bottleneck it? Is the 2400g even VR ready? Just wondering. Thanks. :) I'm just a beginner PC gamer asking for help. Thank you. :) And can I always save and upgrade later? I was told I can OC this PC. But not too much into Over clocking. Can someone tell me more about over clocking so I can understand what it does? Will it over heat the processor? Should I buy some extra fans just in case if I want more FPS? Or how ever that works? Thanks. One other question can I play games in Unreal Engine 4 and play Dragon Ball Fighterz? Thank you.

Solution
AFAIK, mobo being "4k and VR Ready" is just a marketing gimmick.

You can add another GPU to the Ryzen 5 2400g.

The Ryzen 5 2400 g definitely is not VR ready. The iGPU is decent, but nothing compared to external GPUs.

PSU chosen is also very bad.

What is your budget? You can definitely do better building yourself or buying separately and asking someone else to build.
AFAIK, mobo being "4k and VR Ready" is just a marketing gimmick.

You can add another GPU to the Ryzen 5 2400g.

The Ryzen 5 2400 g definitely is not VR ready. The iGPU is decent, but nothing compared to external GPUs.

PSU chosen is also very bad.

What is your budget? You can definitely do better building yourself or buying separately and asking someone else to build.

Solution
Armos, the best thing you can do is say what your Budget is, and let people who know about computers help you build a computer.
I think you are confusing words with things that are reality. Yes a motherboard maybe VR ready, but that has nothing to do with the rest of the computer. My 5 year old motherboard is VR ready and I can play VR on it, but it doesn't say it is.
Confusing buzzwords without knowing the technicality of what is involved will lead you down the wrong path.