[SOLVED] How’s this build for my budget?

Ysertila

Reputable
Oct 12, 2019
So I might decide to build my own PC instead of getting a premade one, so I picked out some parts for a build within my budget and wanted to know if it’s at least decent for it. My budget is now $750 and I might go about $10 higher. What do you think?

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/B4wbjp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ysertila

Reputable
Oct 12, 2019
I changed it a build I wanted a bit and want some feedback, I pushed my budget a lot further then I wanted it to go but I think i will settle on these parts, is it good? Anything I should change to make better?

Approximate Purchase Date: 1 to 2 weeks

Budget Range: Anything below $800 (I can’t do rebates as I’m not sure how to do/use them)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Discord, Web browsing

Are you buying a monitor: No

Parts to Upgrade: CPU, mobo, memory, SSD, gpu, case, power supply

Do you need to buy OS: No

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Amazon (preferably), newegg

Location: City, State/Region, Country - Jacksonville, Florida, USA

Parts Preferences: Ryzen CPU

Overclocking: Maybe?

SLI or Crossfire: Not sure what these are so I don’t mind either I guess?

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920 x 1080 (I have a smaller monitor that I might be using I need to check out the resolution first since I don’t know what it is)

Additional Comments: The main games I will be playing are: ark: survival evolved, the isle, Jurassic world evolution, subnautica. I also have a 500 GB harddrive from my old PC that I will be using so I will only need an SSD for now. I also want a case with good/decent air flow and room for upgrades as well as good cable management.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: My old PC broke and I’m starting entirely new build

The parts:

CPU

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Processor with Wraith Stealth Cooler - YD2600BBAFBOX /url]

Motherboard

MSI B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard

Memory

Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory

SSD

ADATA SU635 480 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Video Card

MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB GAMING X Video Card

Case

NZXT H510 ATX Mid Tower Case

Power Supply

Corsair CXM 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply [\url]

Last edited:

DSzymborski

Titan
Looks pretty good to me. It's well-balanced and can be upgraded. While I'd also look at an NVMe drive, if you're already pushing your budget, it's understandable if you just want to stick with an SSD, which will be a huge improvement over a regular ol' hard drive on its own.

Ysertila

Reputable
Oct 12, 2019
The build seems alright. I would swap out the SSD for something better and a case that would be cheaper around the 50USD mark, you could also look at an matx board to see if prices are chopped down when having an matx build.

Where are you located, what is your absolute budget? You should've stylized your post like this thread.

I’ll look into the SSD, I was planning to upgrade it to something better but I didn’t wanna push my budget. I’ve looked into cases as well but I’m looking for something with good air flow and space for upgrades and cord management, I’ll also look into boards again. I’m located in USA Florida, budget is anything below $800. And I apologize for not seeing that post I’ll try to format it better! Thanks.

Ysertila

Reputable
Oct 12, 2019
that's a great bang to buck pc, you might want to look at getting some fans tho, and maybe some more storage. I have never heard that brand and I recommend staying away from brands that aren't well known in pc context

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rzTkTC

here, that is slightly more expensive, but you wont have to spend as much in the long run

I wanted fans and a better SSD but since I’m already pushing my budget I think I’ll be alright for now and upgrade in the future. I also have my old 1TB harddrive that I’ll be using as well. Thanks for the help though!