[SOLVED] Is this build good for video editing?

vasco.martins.drummer

Commendable
Mar 4, 2018
Hey guys!

My friend asked me for a build for video editing (after effects) and some 3D in blender. His budget is 1000€ (+/- $1120).

After some research, I came up with this build:

VIDEO EDITING BUILD

CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - 349€
MB - MSI B450M Bazooka V2 - 93€
GPU - Sapphire RX590 N+ 8GB - 248€
SSD - Samsung EVO 850 500GB - 100€
RAM - Corsair Veng LPX 2x8 3000 - 90€
PSU - Corsair TX550M 80 Plus - 75€
CASE - CM MB MB520 - 50€
CPU Cooler - Thermalright TS 140 - 42€

TOTAL - 1047€

Is this build good and functional for the budget?

Thanks in advance!

Vasco Martins

Solution
I also thought about the 650W psu, but since it is a better certified Corsair, I was thinking the power output would be good enough at higher needs.

I have to check about the differences with RAM speed price and support, since I’m already above budget.
3D modeling doesn’t need a better GPU for rendering? Read somewhere it could help.

And yes, I will definitely upgrade the BIOS asap

I’m located in Portugal. This is a store from where I usually buy everything pc related (chiptec)

So the 3D modeling won’t benefit from a better GPU?

Thanks for the replies.

This article might help you decide what you need.
https://www.cgdirector.com/best-computer-3d-modeling-rendering/

Lutfij

Titan
You should ideally have a reliably built 650W PSU to power that system not 550W. I would look into a cooler running card, akin to the Nvidia's 100 or 2000 series or the 5700 from AMD. DDR4-3200MHz at the very least for rams.

Prior to purchase, make sure you've got the latest BIOS on the board.

Where are you located and what is your budget for the build? Preferred site for purchase?

vasco.martins.drummer

Commendable
Mar 4, 2018
You should ideally have a reliably built 650W PSU to power that system not 550W. I would look into a cooler running card, akin to the Nvidia's 100 or 2000 series or the 5700 from AMD. DDR4-3200MHz at the very least for rams.

Prior to purchase, make sure you've got the latest BIOS on the board.

Where are you located and what is your budget for the build? Preferred site for purchase?

I also thought about the 650W psu, but since it is a better certified Corsair, I was thinking the power output would be good enough at higher needs.

I have to check about the differences with RAM speed price and support, since I’m already above budget.
3D modeling doesn’t need a better GPU for rendering? Read somewhere it could help.

I’m located in Portugal. This is a store from where I usually buy everything pc related (chiptec)

3700X will do video editing but I recommend as many cores as you can afford, even if that means getting a lesser video card.

Thanks for the replies.

Thanks for the replies.

This article might help you decide what you need.
https://www.cgdirector.com/best-computer-3d-modeling-rendering/

Solution