Question Is this build good for what i need?

i76700hquser

Reputable
Jul 3, 2019
Hi again guys, so i will have my new pc on the second week of August, i want to ask you guys if this build is good for what i need. I play some games like Minecraft, BeamNG, GTA V, and Dying Light at good settings, i want to render some Vegas Pro videos at 720/1080p at 60fps.

I5 4590
MSI R9 390 8GB GDDR5
4x2GB RAM DDR3 1333MHz
Gigabyte PoweRock 500W
80 + 500GB HDD ( i will put a 120GB SSD later)

Thanks.

Sipan9000

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2015
It will struggle to play gta V on medium or higher settings at a decent fps without microstutter and lagging every now and then. Most likely won't be running beamNG very well either as you'll need a better gpu to handle that without lag.

As for the I5, it will get the job done in vegas pro but it will definitely struggle to do so.

What's your budget & how much are you spending on this pc? Because you might have better options.

i76700hquser

Reputable
Jul 3, 2019
It will struggle to play gta V on medium or higher settings at a decent fps without microstutter and lagging every now and then. Most likely won't be running beamNG very well either as you'll need a better gpu to handle that without lag.

As for the I5, it will get the job done in vegas pro but it will definitely struggle to do so.

What's your budget & how much are you spending on this pc? Because you might have better options.
It will be free from my uncle, it's basically my first desktop since now i game on a laptop at low settings, if i can get at least 30fps i will be satisfied.

If he is on a 1080p/60hz monitor, then those games should run fine @60FPS low to medium settings.
I am currently running GTA5 on one of my older machines which is a 1st gen. i5-650 with a 750ti on a 900p/60hz screen @55fps low settings. That CPU+GPU combo he has is plenty powerful than that.