Zaselim

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2015
Hi guys,
So I am building a new system, I was checking the parts and price on PC parts picker and I am getting compatibility issues with the Board and CPU and because of both of them wit memory as well. I tried changing with other Z790 boards and the compatibility conflict remains. When i remove either the cpu or he board the conflict goes away.

I9 13900k
Asus Rog Strix Z790 E-Gaming
Asus Tuf RTX 4090 OC
Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5600 RGB 32x4= 128Gb (Dominator is not available and import costs double the price after tax/customs)
Samsung 990 Pro 2Tb x2
WD Black SN850X M.2 4Tb
Seagate Iron wolf pro 7200rpm 256Mb Cache 18Tb
(and I'll be adding my old SSDs (1x m.2, 2x Samsung 870 Evo, and 4 HDDs)
Cooler Master Liquid ML360R (in my current build which i bought last year in August)
Msi MPG A1000G ATX 3.0 PCI-E 5.0

Last edited:
It would appear that that particular motherboard does not support 4 x 32gb kits:

Last edited:

logainofhades

Titan
The only thing I see is :
A
Note: The Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R RGB 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler may require a separately available mounting adapter to fit the Asus ROG STRIX Z790-E GAMING WIFI ATX LGA1700 Motherboard.

B
Disclaimer: Some physical dimension constraints are currently not checked, such as CPU coolers and RAM clearance. That is not a compatibility error. It's just something they do not have the ability to check.

4k Resolution, My Work (Rendering, 3d modeling/character creation, unreal engine, 3ds max, maya, blender etc) and gaming.

There is a potential issue running two disparate kits of ram.
Ram is sold in kits for a reason.
A motherboard must manage all the ram using the same specs of voltage, cas and speed.
The internal workings are designed for the capacity of the kit.
Ram from the same vendor and part number can be made up of differing manufacturing components over time.
Some motherboards, can be very sensitive to this.
This is more difficult when more sticks are involved.
Ram must be matched for proper operation.
Be prepared to define the ram specs yourself and increase the ram voltage sufficient to get things to run.
You might consult Corsair ram guys about what you plan to do.
They may have an alternate ram suggestion.

When you get the 990 PRO, use Samsung Magician to update the firmware to currency.
Old firmware was discovered to lead to premature wear.

With your budget, look at the i9-13900KS.
It is a well binned, more efficient processor.

Here is an interesting study on cooling for the 13900K:
https://www.tomshardware.com/features/intel-core-13900k-cooling-tested

It shows that perhaps dramatic cooling is not that necessary if you moderate your demands a bit.

Last edited:

Zaselim

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2015
There is a potential issue running two disparate kits of ram.
Ram is sold in kits for a reason.
A motherboard must manage all the ram using the same specs of voltage, cas and speed.
The internal workings are designed for the capacity of the kit.
Ram from the same vendor and part number can be made up of differing manufacturing components over time.
Some motherboards, can be very sensitive to this.
This is more difficult when more sticks are involved.
Ram must be matched for proper operation.
Be prepared to define the ram specs yourself and increase the ram voltage sufficient to get things to run.
You might consult Corsair ram guys about what you plan to do.
They may have an alternate ram suggestion.

When you get the 990 PRO, use Samsung Magician to update the firmware to currency.
Old firmware was discovered to lead to premature wear.

With your budget, look at the i9-13900KS.
It is a well binned, more efficient processor.

Here is an interesting study on cooling for the 13900K:
https://www.tomshardware.com/features/intel-core-13900k-cooling-tested

It shows that perhaps dramatic cooling is not that necessary if you moderate your demands a bit.
I also want the same kit (4x32) but at the moment i don't think corsair have it, and my current build (https://pcpartpicker.com/list/pmyPBj) was the same with ram. I have corsair vengeance lpx ddr 3200 mhz 2kits (8gb x2)+(8gb x2)=32gb. Never had any issues with ram, i also i never overclocked it even once. I didn't even know that you can have issue with 2 kits even if there are the same.

Zaselim

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2015
Will the 1000w PSU be OK? It is showing 938 estimate power draw, but i've heard it doesn't happen in most cases and usually the power draw will be lower than that..
In pc picker the power estimate of my current build shows 759W but i have never gone above 180W even once even when i am rendering and on idle when i am justing using internet browser or watching videos i remains around from 11 to 15W.